Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

hardest item to get(trade or find) ?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by pliu, Feb 4, 2004.

?

Worst Game Company

1. Microsoft

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. EA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Sony

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Eidos

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Atari

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Sega

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Nintendo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Acclaim

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Vivendi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 3DO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. pliu

pliu Banned

hardest item to get(trade or find) ?

what is the hardest to get(trade or find) unique/set item in the game?

2. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Tyrael's Might is far far rarer than any of those. This isn't really up for debate.
    You can expect to see around 3 Death's Webs for every Tyrael's Might, and Death's Web is about equal second rarest.

IK, Tal's not even in the same league (although they probably trade well because they are useful).

3. Zroc

Zroc IncGamers Member

I agree with Thrugg on that one. I've seen exactly two Tyrael's Mights (seen, not found). Trading for one would require one of each of those on the list + a gaggle of sojs and high runes.

Heh, my friend wanted one, and I found a guy hidden in a thread that actually had one, and didn't know what it was worth (cuz honestly, it's not that good of an armor). I told him it was worth the moon...he started a thread asking for shako/skullder/occy, and the FIRST bid was those three, 10 sojs, 5 bers, and 5 jahs ;)

4. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

Damn. Wish that unique sacred armor from pit runs was tyreal's might :rant:. That would get me all I need on ladder!

5. Omnivor

Omnivor IncGamers Member

Where's Mang Song's Lession? :(

6. rickster

rickster IncGamers Member

what about a rare with 450% damage 40% ias ehthereal and other sickening mods?

7. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

yeah in ur post u should have added rather this was for ladder or non ladder. that tyreals might is hard to get i have only seen 1 on USWL and it was being use by a sorces merc and this wasin the 3rd or 4th week of the ladder, since i havnt seen 1 (havent really been asking around) but i am looking for it. i have been mfing doing baal runs solo and in full or near full games with my hammerdin.

i have found
    crown of ages
    2x gf
    6 tal armors
    1 ik
    3 wisp projetors
    3 ss
    many shakos
    darkforce spawn
    jah rune

i have yet to find a unique sacred armor at all, and i have been mf almost non stop (but to sleep eat and work) since 1st week of ladder

8. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

After Tyrael's Might, the next three rarest unique/set items in the game are Mang Song's Lesson, Death's Web and Astreon's Iron Ward (unique Caduceus). All three are unique TC87 weapons, and have the 1/3 drop penalty given to rod class weapons. They aren't exactly eqaul, although which is rarest of the three depends on a couple of subtle factors.

Astreon's is certainly a tiny bit more common than the other two. Death's Web is rarer because Unearthed Wands are slightly less likely to be unique (higher qlvl, for those who know what that means). Mang Song's Lesson is rarer because it requires a level 86 monster to drop it - which rules out all regular monsters. Only champion and unique and minion monsters in ceratin areas can drop it. Which of the two factors is more important depends on where you are looking, I suppose.

Oh, and if you meant non-ladder, then Death's Web is the narrow winner over the Caduceus. Tyrael's and Mang Song are both ladder only.

9. pliu

pliu Banned

non-ladder then

10. SPIDERfrank

SPIDERfrank IncGamers Member

Just to let yah know, Tyreal's Might cannot be found in the pit. Templar's Might can, but due to the clvl requirement on Tyreal's, non of the monsters there have a high enough TC.

11. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

It can, but only from Champions, Uniques and their Minions. They all have high enough level to drop Tyrael's Might.

12. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

from what has been said, "The Pit" in act 1 is a lvl 85 area with tc 87, makeing unique monsters there lvl ** and champions lvl 87 both of witch can drop tyreals might. from what i understand any item but, cow king set, and annihilus are the only things that cant be found in the pit (hell)

ps, bah shade go to i b4 me(makeing sure what i said was 100% true) gg

13. Saidinhc

Saidinhc Spirit of Wars Guildmaster

As far as odds go, isn't one of the unique elite daggers one of the hardest things to find?

Tyreals might is definitely up there though as rarest item.

14. Armor_Biff

Armor_Biff IncGamers Member

Which one would it be ? I've found all 3.

15. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Ghostflame, the unique Legend Spike, is one of several TC87 unique weapons (like Stormspire, WF, GF). They are all essentially equally rare, but each is at least 10 times more common than Tyraels, and 3 times more common than Deaths/Mang Song/Astreon.