Hardest Boss

magicalkitty

Diabloii.Net Member
Hardest Boss

Just wondering what do you think is the hardest boss and in what difficulty?

I personally think that durial in normal is the hardest. Moree then liikely you are about lvl. 20-25 when you get to him and are too low to have any of your good items on.

And my arguement aganist anybody saying any boss in hell is that after you have done enough nm baal runs you should have most if not all of your end game equipment. Now if you are playing brand new with no items then maybe a hell boss would be pretty hard.

But just wondering what you think

the MAGICAL-KITTY

windwingwind

Diabloii.Net Member
Hell baal is quite 'hard' for a typical bowazon which I play most....in the sense that he moves a lot so takes longer to kill than by my other chars.

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member
agree, duriel is in such a tight space and is pretty hard-hitting, but since I usually chant my chars nowadays ...

k/t

Banned
Ooh ooh, let's all chant
Ooh ooh, let's all chant
Ooh ooh, let's all chant
Ooh ooh, let's all chant

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
My zoomancer just killed normal dury without losing a summon. My beserk barb (currently a conc barb) just killed normal dury without losing more than 20 life at any time. It's really only hard for casters without meat.
Anyway, I can't call any particular boss the hardest, because every build has different challenges, but the contenders would be normal dury, normal diablo, hell meph, and hell baal I'd think.

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member
My zoomancer just killed normal dury without losing a summon. My beserk barb (currently a conc barb) just killed normal dury without losing more than 20 life at any time. It's really only hard for casters without meat.
true, but that's what I play most of the time ~~

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
Hell Blood Raven on my untwinked SP bowazon. :grrrr:
The hoe revives more stuff than I can kill with my paltry bow. I finally had to cast a TP right by her, go back to town, then reenter the TP to go back to Blood Raven, so that my merc and valk are right on top of her (crappy version of teleport minion stacking! :flip:). I then had to repeat this 7 more times before she finally croaked.

kuafu

Diabloii.Net Member
That largely depends on the char type. I think normal diablo is pretty hard to necro summoner, and normal duriel is hard for sorc. I also had one CL/FO sorc stuck on hell Fangskin before, because it was cold/lightning immune with MSLE in such a small room. At the end, I had to teleport in, hit the shrine, grab the viper amulet, save and exit.
Edit: if you play untwinked, hell ancients can be really hard for some builds.

Zarniwoop

Diabloii.Net Member
Completely dependant on character type.

I DREAD diablo with some characters - friggin OKs.

With others, I just giggle at him.

Normal Diablo (for some characters) and Normal Duriel are pretty rough.

Hell Ancients are TERRIBLE for my meteorbs, but a laughing joke for my fishymancer.

Just depends I guess.

ZygFryD

Diabloii.Net Member
My glass straffer is eaten alive by hell Diablo, but surprisingly, completelly owns hell Baal (but it takes forever to kill him.)

crazeecracker

Diabloii.Net Member
Ventar the Unholy in Hell Rips thru Max Res on my hammerdin, maybe im the only one with this problem tho :(

edit: or wait, is ventar in the chaos sact or one of baals minions lol...either or, the Extra Strong, Extra Fast nooblet in the Chaos Sanc is whom im refering to.

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member
Light enchanted + conviction boss, with uber meph being highest of the list and convict souls close second.

Lord Nyax

Banned
Ventar the Unholy in Hell Rips thru Max Res on my hammerdin, maybe im the only one with this problem tho :(

edit: or wait, is ventar in the chaos sact or one of baals minions lol...either or, the Extra Strong, Extra Fast nooblet in the Chaos Sanc is whom im refering to.
Infector of Souls.

Indeed, once he spawned with Conviction as his Aura, and a friendly nearby Oblivion Knight decided that Lower Resist was the curse of choice. Needless to say, of course he was also Mana Burn...my Hammerdin ended up using all of his Rejuvs in that one battle....

Personally, I vote for Lillith. Yes, the Smiter can take her. However, for an unprepared character she is by far the hardest boss in the game. She's fast, she hits hard, and she has insane poison. No other boss can boast such attributes. After Norm, she is perhaps the only boss who, all by itself, can pose a serious danger to a character. Diablo...you just run away or something. Baal, he's so slow that dodging him is a joke. Lillith, however, will quickly truck your soul, especially if her annoying Succubi decide to cast Amp on you.

HardyTarget

Diabloii.Net Member
Lilith can be a toughie depending on your res, although lifetap usually saves.
I guess one of the 3 ubers inside tristram is the toughest.