Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hardcore

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by wwyvern, Oct 10, 2006.

1. wwyvern

wwyvern IncGamers Member

Hardcore

I started yesterday playing a bit hardcore, my MA assa made it 23 and she's still alive. I play completely untwinked but I was wondering: do people use SC found items in HC? I would hope not, but I'm not sure. Because if they do, I'll make sure I never trade for HC stuff...

2. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

as far as I know you cannot use sc items on hc chars or visa versa
    EDIT: I stand corrected sorry for trying to spread mis information

3. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

You can do it with ATMA, but it's a serious No-no in most peoples eyes. To me, HC -> SC items is semi-ok, due to the death factor not a big deal, but SC -> HC is a terrible idea.
    Hell, get a SC MF sorc/javazon and safely get all your items, then transfer them to HC... Why not completely cheat? You'd practically be doing the same thing. It's not worth playing HC like that.
    Not that I would do either. HC items should remain HC, and SC should definately remain SC. I think it's actually against forum rules because it's doing something that blizzard didn't allow.

I only play HC, and self-found (sometimes untwinked) so it doesn't impact on me.
    As you play untwinked, it shouldn't impact you either.

4. WailingDoom

WailingDoom IncGamers Member

From what I understand is that you can move items between HC and SC via ATMA, although it is frowned upon.

I personally dont play SC (no sense of danger) so would never dream of crossing the items over :)

5. wwyvern

wwyvern IncGamers Member

Yeah, I got it. I just wanted to know if I can trade HC-wise and not get 'tainted'.

Offtopic: believe it or not my little assa on HC found the torch of iro :)

6. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

There is the occasional thread in the SPTF which has HC items for trade, unfortunately, the one of the people trading has used SC items on their HC characters so I wouldn't personally trade with them. I think if you want to trade HC items you would be better off joining the HC ladder and seeing if anyone there wants to trade.

7. AJK

AJK IncGamers Member

I don't think it's explicitly forbidden in the rules, but good luck finding a HC player to trade/MP with you if you imported SC finds before.
    My opinion: SC->HC ethically wrong. Banning this explicitly couldn't hurt.

Wild guess: a HC->SC transfer (also not explicitly forbidden in the rules) is accepted by ~50% of the SPF?
    My opinion: HC->SC ethically acceptable. Finding something in HC means that you haven't died yet, enhancing the value (not PGem value, but 'accomplishment' value), but there's a catch. HC->SC muling is bypassing something with ATMA that is impossibe in-game. So either allow it or ban it. That's up to the mods to decide, I guess.

I haven't HC->SC'ed anything yet and won't do so easily, but Zod help me if I ever find a Ber in HC.

8. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

i play HC with all my SC items and to boost the cheese factor i also keep a save of my chars in case of death and rip them with atma after death.
    then i just put my HC item to SC.
    those cheese things should become legal here.

9. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

You're probably right here. It probably isn't against the rules, but it really should be. It's definately cheesy though, and a major exploit.

10. wwyvern

wwyvern IncGamers Member

@nebux: while you are at it, you can just overwrite the dead character with the alive backup.

11. Spearthrower

Spearthrower IncGamers Member

HC items to SC has *always* been a no no.

Obviously it's a Do What You Want On Your Own PC.... kind of thing. But don't trade or attempt to garner acclamation for your heroicly cheesy deeds! :)

Untwinked is infinitely more challenging and fun than anything else... it really makes you play the game rather than relying on your equipment to do it all for you. It makes you appreciate Gambling at early levels and really pushes you to go get your cube! Once you play untwinked, it's hard to see the enjoyment in twinky chars - every battle won is a real achievement! Do it HC and you can extend the life of this game forever!

12. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

This came up pretty recently, and all of the public posts were in favor of a ban. I may start up a thread that isn't muddied by other issues this weekend and we can come to some sort of rule about it. It's a little more complicated than just banning it (do we accept the items as SC or do they need to stay completely out of the trading pool.) Right now, I'm trying to make sure that anyone who does transfer SC->HC declares it every time. The (very small) HC trading pool is not tainted by this practice as far as I am aware.

I just want to say here that this is already a part of the SC trade pool, and you can't really go back from that. I would advise people who want to trade but don't want this tainting their items to join up on the SC ladder and try to get some trading going there.

13. DarkChaos

DarkChaos IncGamers Member

HC --> SC is accepted by the forum (and forum rules). In fact, if you are a SC player, and have traded, you have been tainted by HC --> SC.

14. cade88

cade88 IncGamers Member

seeing as how many people here that play hc don't even trade with others and are self found most of the time I don't see it being a huge problem for them. What I see as becoming a problem is people will start playing hc with there sc items. And they will just transfer over the sc items and then the hc trading community will become very tainted with everyones items from sc and bannings will happen and such other bad things.