Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hardcore really LLD?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by sorcererbob, Feb 5, 2004.

1. sorcererbob

sorcererbob IncGamers Member

Hardcore really LLD?

I read the thread about the softcore, untwinked low level duels. I could see a couple of builds that would dominate in that. Ie, the poison creeper werewolf/werebear. I personally don't like softcore, it bores me. Therefore, I decided I wanted to do something similar in hardcore.

The differences i thought would make it more fun include:
    1. level 9's, not 12's.
    2. hardcore
    3. full twink
    4. Corpse looting*

*this way, you are playing for something. If you lose, you lose your items. The difference is that they won't be high level items and therefore are not that much of a loss if you do lose.

Of course, if I (we (whatever)) bother doing this, we may have to throw some restrictions into it (similar to the softcore thread) like no more then 4 points in Tiger Strike, poison javelin etc.

I'm simply wondering how many people would be interested in playing this sort of thing, not even as a tournament, just as a "social" thing.

*btw, I can't host, 56k...:(

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

i odnt like the fully twinked bit. your always goign to have someone with posion jav and a very good jav that provides posion or lots of ED. makign it untwinked woudl be better and make it more of an equal playing field.
    i like the basic idea of it though..

3. sorcererbob

I suppose...but it would also make some builds unusable. Meh, ok, fair enough, if more people want that...

the other problem with that is that you aren't playing for anything except respect...ok, fair enough :D

4. farting bob

farting bob Banned

i dount think you need a reward. recognition would be enough for me.

5. Flamearrows

Flamearrows IncGamers Member

I'll throw a HC shadowkiller and bonehew at the winner AND you'll have your regonition. easy. anymore interest now? :D

flamearrows

6. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

i already was :teeth: i second the idea about twinking, it makes u wanna make the best char around, so i see GO GO TWINK!!

7. sorcererbob

aha! an arguement! well, pros and cons?

pros of twinking:
    1. corpse lootng means you get more items to make your character more powerful
    2. more builds, esp sorcs are viable
    3. duels last longer and it isn't all dependant on gear

cons:
    1. Some people may have uber-gear and therefore are (nearly) unbeatable
    2. not everyone has access to HC gear and may limit people wanting to play
    3. repeatativeness, everyone would want to use the same gear, (or close to it).

I'm not sure anymore, we could make it twinking, but no set/unique items or something like that...

also, we need someone who can serve if we actually want to play...

I won't reply till monday :( and by that time, the squid will have taken it to the third page probably.

8. strijdje

i say twinking, then i can wipe the dust of my +36 maxgothic plate :teeth:

but hey, why not set loot on and te winner takes the loot as a prize? 1 referee to see things go legit, players must show equip before the duel, and because HC i say the use of pots should is allowed to make the duels more thrilling and longer lasting, with a max of 6 minor healing pots and 3 minor mana pots...u can use other pots to your liking but none of them should be in your inventory, something like that?

robin

9. Liter Soul

Liter Soul IncGamers Member

I'll play (I'll lose) but I play SC, so paint me noob! This would put me on the 'no twinking' end of the pool. I can host, baby!

10. strijdje

ow yeah, if we need a host, i could host in about 5 days or so :lol:

robin

11. Lotek-Crask

Lotek-Crask IncGamers Member

I discussed this with Csarmi, and really wanted to make it HC,but he instisted SC, if your up for it I'm in, I love LLD, ESPECIALLY HC, if you were ever on west, there were ALOT of HC LLD'ers that permited corpse loot, and had a crapload of fun. It was a battle, you had to have strategy, lotsa restrictions. But was fun, if you can get it going, all the more power to ya man.

12. csarmi

csarmi Banned

I find HC duelling a waste. You can have only 1 duel which is not fun.
    You spend too much time building up and too little fighting.

Anyways, twinking makes it more equal. I can tell that wothout twinking, you have no defense against my posion javelin amazon. With twinking it is possible, you get 75% posion resist, length reducing and lots of life.

13. strijdje

yeah but still, HC duelling is way more thrilling than SC duelling and wasnt that themain reason why u played this game, for the thrill and adreneline?
    And lets be honest, howlong does it really takes for a lvl 12 chars? 40 minutes, i dont know about u guys but i make one in less then a hour easy

robin

14. Lotek-Crask

First off, what this is accually called is "King of the hill" "Ironman" or "Surviver", second, its only a good idea if you do it right, supplying the nessicary items to EVERY charcter so none have an advantage. I prefer diversity. I want new people to join, I want to have fun, make new friends and don't wanna see one person with better gear, or a charcter that should be outlawed win every duel. Thats pointless. As Csarmi said, Poison jav did 280 damage on me, i had 200 life, all he did was throw 2 javs, and im at 1hp. It wasn't very fun.

15. csarmi

csarmi Banned

1, It wasn't.
    2, HC duelling is not thrilling at all

I'd just make a clear level 12 character of all types and keep copying them. But why bothering? It just takes away the fun part and slows the games down.

16. Lotek-Crask

The problem with this is, it is not fair to charcters who want to start ladder, it is not fair to people without uber items. Second, you will only see a few types of builds, even with twinking nobody is gonna play a cold sorc with deaths sashs flowing around.

17. sorcererbob

I tohught the idea of LLDing is that no one has uber items. Items can only have so much power at cp 9 or 12 or whatever. All the uniques at that level are easy to find (suffice to say that bloodfists are probably the rarest) and that this game isn't dominated by people constantly running Hell meph. The idea, as I saw it was to give everyone equal oportunity to win. If everyone can twink, that disbales no one, anyone can get to normal andariel and run her if they set their mind to it. It is a question of effort. Of course, as I've mentioned before, there may (will) have to be some restrictions including only 4 points in Poison Jav or only 4 points in Tiger Strike - like what Csarmi had in the other post (I think it was Csarmi)...