Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

hardcore problems and such

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by yuneek, Jun 2, 2008.

1. yuneek

yuneek IncGamers Member

hardcore problems and such

I have been playing softcore for a bit now but i wanna move to hardcore and play. But i am confused on how to start. I was hoping if some of you can answer what character i should make to start with. i want to mf but i also dont want to die. Also Do people rush in hardcore or do you just play the game how it should be played lol. And should i play ladder or non ladder. Thanks for any help you can provide.

- yu[email protected]

2. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

Re: hardcore problems and such

There's no reason to play non-ladder hardcore.
    People do everything they do in HC that they do in SC.

Play whatever you like.

3. AgentMarth

AgentMarth IncGamers Member

Re: hardcore problems and such

You will get a bit more help from us over at the HC Forum. But i'll answer a bit here.

1. Fishymancer, Trapper, and a Javazon are common starter builds. I recommend Fishy.

2. No rushing unless you know people, trustworthy people. I still Grush, Uber level, and all that jazz in HC, but its not so easy (I have seen a char toasted by a stray firewall in the 1 second its headed to the portal in Durance 3 in Hell, bummer). You just have to know where to look, and who to look for.

3. First time through HC though, it is HIGHLY recommended to play through the game. If you go in HC with a SC mindset, you will be right back to SC very fast after your first death, which WILL happen.

4. Ladder. I don't even know if Non-ladder is ever played except for nostalgic purposes of old chars and stuff.

5. Go East if you decide to play, because it has the biggest and best community, with Europe right behind, follow far by west, then asia, well, yeah.

6. Vita Vita Vita Vita Vita.

EDIT - Curse you MYK!