Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hardcore GRifting

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by ZappaFan, May 27, 2015.

1. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

...as in totally 100% running Greater Rifts and nothing else... I've been doing nothing but GRifts in the 36-38 range really trying to farm shards the best I can (occasionally pushing higher to level gems or just to test my ceiling), and it had not crossed my mind that I had not been hitting any reflection shrines doing that, so I have been running without the 25% experience bonus. Well that was a real face-palm moment.

The experience & gold you collect running GRifts in the high 30's is pretty amazing. This is new to me since the most recent patch and the improvement for Barbs. But the 25% bonus is so easy to keep up and I felt pretty dumb for letting it lapse for so long.

There are quickly accessible shrines that most people know about from doing the old Ubers, when it was more scary and people would hunt shrines before doing them. So in about 10-15 minutes, several game re-starts, and I had found enough reflection shrines that my exp bonus was maxed again.

So now when I start a new game first thing I do hit those quick check spots for reflection shrines... only takes a few minutes. Doh!

2. Timesink

Timesink IncGamers Member

I use the cemetery in act1 (2 possible spawns) and the bridge in act3. If I'm desperate I check the crypts of the ancients which often has one.

Where else are the quick check spots? Would be good to know...

3. Young

Young IncGamers Member

There is a quest in act 5 - A Sister's Voice - that is commonly used for reflection shrine hunting.

You need to start the game in story mode in act 5 and talk to the enchantress until the quest is enabled.

4. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

In addition to cemetery in act 1 and bridge in act 3, I check:

Act 1 - Highlands Crossing (Southern Highlands)
    Act 2 - Howling Plateau
    Act 3 - Tower of the Damned 1, Tower of the Cursed 1, Rakkis Crossing

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  5. tougeznut

tougeznut IncGamers Member

Good to know. Thanks guys

6. liquid_mage

liquid_mage IncGamers Member

I thought of this as well, as I was running 10 or so GR32-38 in a row leveling gems and farming shards. I also noticed doing 2 T6 rifts would often give me 2-4 shrines. It takes less than 10 minutes to do 2 of them and it replenishes my GR tokens.