Hardcore drops more runes?

WrongdayJ

Diabloii.Net Member
Hardcore drops more runes?

Hello,

I have noticed that my hardcore characters find more runes, more often, and better quality runes than my softcore characters. At first I thought it was just luck, but after studying four different HC characters vs. four SC characters I have found that the hardcore characters collected on average of 23 more runes per difficulty level. This is in Single Player Mode- not on the realms.

Is there something to this? Has anyone else noticed this?

turnips

Diabloii.Net Member
The game is exactly the same except for one small factor...

Unless you're playing different patches it's just by chance that this is happening.

Hp_Sauce

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah, the only thing thats different is that once you die you're dead. Everything else is the same.

Perhaps you are just taking more time with the HC characters and noticing more runes? Or clearing more area's and killing more monsters?

-hps

wakiki

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, that's right. High runes aren't really worth anything on hardcore because they are so common. I'll trade you my 36% tarnhelm for your Ist. I'm also looking for a Vex rune and have some Sigon's Boots to offer (15 defense).

cynicalcat1

Diabloii.Net Member
i have found more runes playing hc then i did in softcore.pure luck, i know.well in the same run, i got a pul from countess and an ohm from andariel last night.all my luck used up in 1 night probably

Tuf

Diabloii.Net Member
Hello,

I have noticed that my hardcore characters find more runes, more often, and better quality runes than my softcore characters. At first I thought it was just luck, but after studying four different HC characters vs. four SC characters I have found that the hardcore characters collected on average of 23 more runes per difficulty level. This is in Single Player Mode- not on the realms.

Is there something to this? Has anyone else noticed this?
it drops less for me i had a hard time getting ort.Allthough i was only in act 3 if i could have gotten to act 5 and freed the barbs i would have had it but my resists were to bad to make it lol