Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hardcore. Dex(block) or Vit

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by borfa, Oct 21, 2006.

1. borfa

borfa IncGamers Member

Hardcore. Dex(block) or Vit

Im a 78 necromancer playing hardcore with about 300vit~ 125str~ and base dex/energy. I was wondering if I even bother pumping dex for whenever I get an homunculus, or just continue to boost vit (and str if gear require).

2. buffa

buffa IncGamers Member

I will pump dex, but not sure if you will have enough stats point to reach 75% block....

3. borfa

borfa IncGamers Member

I only have 850~ life so far, do you think the block would be really worth it? with my little army of 25ish i barely ever get physicly hit, wouldnt it be best to try and get another 200~300 life instead?

4. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

If you rarely get hit, stay away from the frontlines, and allow your skellies to always take the hits, then forget max block, even when using Homunculus. The max vita builds always feel safer when around Gloams.

5. KillaBrothers

KillaBrothers IncGamers Member

Hey...

I'm a big fan of summoners and not a big fan of hardcore, but...
    I got myself a hardcore summoner. He's lvl 85 now.

It's a second hc necro me and my bro made. To make the first summoner on hc we killed like 6 or 8 necros. The second one was made out of the first attempt...

Long introduction, but the my answer is very simple - max block!

It ofcourse depends on your play style, and since we play agressively (for hardcore, that is) max block saves lives. If you do not believe me, trust the 6 or 8 dead necros speaking:rolleyes:

6. netmc

netmc IncGamers Member

I would say go with VIT. I am currently level 86? and have over 1100 life. I have only my merc and a clay golem for meat shields. I am playing an almost PURE bonemancer all points in bone spear synergies except the 3 for clay golem, and I rarely get hit. Hell gloams don't pose much of a threat to me unless I sit there and get hit a bunch of times. To me, surviving the gloams is much more important than making a few hits bounce off my shield.