Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hardcore Conc Barb

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Wolfedude, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Wolfedude

Wolfedude IncGamers Member

Hardcore Conc Barb

I am building the above and after reading the sticky guides realize that I do not have the runes necessary to build the absolute best possible build; therefore I need some advice building the guy with what I have available. My projected build will use the following:
    Rockstopper helmet
    Iron Pelt armor (upped?)
    Belt - SoE or Verdungoes?
    GoreRider boots
    Weapon - Nords or DemonLimb (Lightsabre?)
    Gloves - Hellmouth or Bloodfist?
    Ammy - 24 DR blue
    Rings - Ravenfrost & rare or Dwarfstar
    Shield - Mosers (need resists), Gerkes or 4os Monarch (Spirit?)

I can use the socket quests or cube to insert DR runes so that I may eventually run Nihiliak. What do you guys think? I am counting on the DR to help me survive and believe I can reach something like 45 DR or so.

2. AgentMarth

AgentMarth IncGamers Member

Re: Hardcore Conc Barb

Personally, I prefer Zerk. Especially since you seem to be going for PDR/DR% route.

You don't need super high end elite gear to make a good one. I recommend the following, and its what I used on my HC Zerker to run Nihla, and never had a close call even.

Arreats
    Gladiators Bane (Iron Pelt works till 85)
    Highlords (The blue works too)
    Oath Balrog Blade (Semi expensive, but not outrageous)
    Stormshield Shael'd (Gerke's is nice, but slow on blocking when Zerking)
    IK Gloves
    IK Boots
    Dungo's (Can't leech with Zerk, otherwise I would use String)
    Res/AR rings.

You can do fine with the DR from SS and Dungos/String. Using Ber runes (if you had i'd trade for better gear like Grief or the likes) would be a waste IMO. Mine only had the PDR from Glads, which was fine. All you need to do is utilize Howl and the snakes don't bother you at all. Of course, you could use the same set-up with Conc, but maybe String for Leech instead.

Really though, if the thing you are worrying about is DR% the quickest (and much cheaper) way of getting a high amount of it, is imo Stormshield.

3. Wolfedude

Already committed to concentration. And don't want to rebuild. Some of the items you mention are pretty expensive in hardcore so I have to go with what I have available.

4. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

I'd go with SoE for concentrate.

Don't go overboard on resist gear if you can make up some of the difference with 1-5-10 points in Natural Resists. It sucks carrying resist charms, I like lifers better.

I'd def go with either the Nord's or the Lightsabre. Maybe moreso with the Nord's - Phase Blades look kind of geeky to me.
    Also you might check out Frostwind and later on Azurewrath. If you like axes Razor's Edge is good, and Runemaster has Cannot Be Frozen, so you can dump your ravenfrost, as well as 3-5 sockets for shaels/amns/skulls/whatever.

It doesn't take much to kill Nihlathak. The dude folds like a cheap suit in a decent breeze. Pick a weapon you like and possibly won't get bored of looking at, because you'll be watching it for a while.

And don't be afraid to pick up a 2 hander if your resists are in the "green." Windhammer, Ethereal Edge and Bonehew are pretty available for cheap.

5. Wolfedude

I have both the tomahawk and the Runemaster, with 5 sockets. Which do you thgink is better? Will 5 shaels make the Runemaster as fast as I want it to be?

6. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

Razor's by itself has 40%IAS swings at 12 FPA unsocketed
    IAS - FPA
    30% 12 <-We are Here
    48% 11
    75% 10
    125% 9
    Those are the next breakpoints
    Wish a shael it gets down to 11, and throw on 15% more Ias and it's at 10 frames.

Runemaster has no IAS and swings at 17 FPA without socketing it.
    IAS - FPA
    0% 17
    6% 16
    11% 15 <- 1x Shael
    22% 14
    32% 13 <- 2x Shael
    48% 12 <- 3x Shael
    70% 11 <- 4xShael
    105% 10 <- 5x Shael + 5% Ias
    174% 9