Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hardcore Char Idea

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by bensont, Mar 22, 2005.

1. bensont

bensont IncGamers Member

Hardcore Char Idea

Hey all!!!

I'm a noob when it comes to hardcore so i got a couple of ideas for a char and want to know if they are any good..... I was thinking of making a ww barb but just to be diffrent use a pike or something like that, are hammerdins any good in hc? what type of sorc is goo for hc and how do you build it? thanks for the help everyone!!!!

2. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

2h wwer can have a habit of dying due to no shield, slow zerk (most areas people play have IM potential), and war pikes in general have killer reqs.

Hammerdins are quite common in HC, easy to play so long as you can get fairly decent gear which shouldn't be a problem this late into a season. Especially with Spirit runeword as a poorman's HoZ now.

Good cheap HC sorc build:
    Skills:
    20 orb
    20 CM
    20 Telekinis
    ~7 ES
    20 teleport
    1 warmth/prereqs/rest into static

gear:
    Whistan's w/ pdiamond
    Wizzy
    Viper w/ Pruby or saph depending on what charms you find
    The rest is rather trivial, I like bloodfist for gloves and rockstopper for a hat, but that could just be me.

Stats:
    dex for block
    ~60 str depending on your gear choice (don't build for SS if you don't have an SS ><)
    rest into vit

Merc:
    A2 might merc with Insight + durry's shell + that unique death mask who's name has slipped my mind
    OR
    A5 merc with Lawbringer + same hat/armor

Of course everything changes if by "noob" you don't mean "have very little gear" as everything I've listed can be bought with pgems.

3. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

I always found it hard to trade for a 4-soc shield. But, I would recommend peasant's crown over rockstopper and goldwrap/chance gloves if you're going to mf with the char.

Post #666. :D

4. rachil0

rachil0 IncGamers Member

Dat be blackhorns face.

5. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

My list of favourite items appears as such:
    Crown of Ages
    Wizzy
    Bloodfist
    Gladiator's Bane
    Stormshield
    Rockstopper
    Guillame's Face
    Whistan's Gaurd
    Shako
    Viper
    Mosers
    Lawbringer
    ----
    As can clearly be seen, if my sorc has enough mana I wouldn't trade out Rockstopper for a shako even. Especially on an orber where the skills aren't hugely important so much as your orb aiming talents. It should also be noted that MF is about the last thing I worry about putting on my MFers.

As for trading for a 4sock shield, 4 sock monarch = pain to trade for, 4 sock pally shield (assuming you don't care about the inherent res/dmg) = easy to find.

6. bensont

bensont IncGamers Member

thanks for the tips. i would like to stay in the melee area or barb area so any other ideas about that?