Hardcore Barb players8 playthrough which patch?

d2fan

Diabloii.Net Member
in which patch a barbarian has the highest chance of killing baal (or diablo if prelod) in hell?

no restrictions, beside untwinked, so rerunning areas is fine.

imo 1.10+ sucks because it doesnt offer anything but has IM (beside the latest patches)

imo the dangerous zones are: duriel norm/NM (in hell hes managable, due to bo)
iron maiden
souls
bugged vipers

i mention the vipers because this barb may rerun areas but in general he should be able to clear the area, no matter what

so which patch do you think is the best for this?

NorthDakota

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd go with 1.09 if you don't want to do 1.10 onwards, simply because of the fact that /players didn't exist until then. If you're willing to deal with running 8 copies of d2 at once with multi-instance patch then I spose that opens up the earlier versions as well. Personally the trouble would not be worth it to me, unless you're going to be staying in one game for longer periods of time because of the struggle of joining into a game from TCP/IP. As far as which patch is easiest to complete, I'm not sure.

Untwinked I think you're in for the long haul regardless, and I'd be interested in seeing it done! Sounds like torture to me, though. And losing your character would be the worst thing ever.