bone prison

here is one example
bone spear
lvl / min / max
1 / 17 / 25
2 / 25 / 34
3 / 34 / 42
4 / 42 / 51

i would an equation like: lvl = min * x (many other characters should be on this side)
where i can input the lvl of the skill and get the min dmg
i am making a calc of my own...

I DUN WANT A LINK TO A FAWKING SKILL CALC..
i want the equation

glen-art

Diabloii.Net Member
The skill damage your asking for is not so simple.

For example on bone spear (I may be off, this is an example) there is one equation for 1-15, then from 16,17 there is a different equation, then 18-?? there is another equation.

The damage is a set of equations, different ones are used based on the level of the skill. This applies to most skills, but some use standard arithmetically increasing formulas.

Glen-ART

JoJeck

Diabloii.Net Member
glen-art said:
The skill damage your asking for is not so simple.

For example on bone spear (I may be off, this is an example) there is one equation for 1-15, then from 16,17 there is a different equation, then 18-?? there is another equation.

The damage is a set of equations, different ones are used based on the level of the skill. This applies to most skills, but some use standard arithmetically increasing formulas.

Glen-ART
glen-art is correct, this problem is probably best tackled by using a tabular method for your calculator rather than equations. Just base it on the data published on Arreat Summit and use equations to extrapolate beyond level 20, which should be linear. I think synergies all have a simple multiplicative effect on the basic skill data so that should be easy to add.

darkmog84

Diabloii.Net Member
JoJeck said:
glen-art is correct, this problem is probably best tackled by using a tabular method for your calculator rather than equations. Just base it on the data published on Arreat Summit and use equations to extrapolate beyond level 20, which should be linear. I think synergies all have a simple multiplicative effect on the basic skill data so that should be easy to add.
well i went to my ti86 and enter it into "linear recession" but i could not come up with one formula that would actually work for all lvls....
tear..help lol