Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hard PvP

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Honored, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Honored

Honored IncGamers Member

Hard PvP

As I said before I am thinking of switching to softcore. Now, what would be the point of making a high level PvP in the hardcore world? You have to worry about tppk's which is bad enough, but wouldn't you have to know the person you would be dueling too so you know if they are cheaters? So why not play softcore and play by an honor code so you don't run into any BS like that and if you do, who cares? What is wrong with the world of hardcore? Correct me if I'm wrong but you would almost have to be FRIENDS with the person that you want to pk! Am I paranoid of cheaters or what? Hardcore veterans give me the skinny.

2. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

If you have to ask, yes, you probably should just stick with SC.

90% of HC players have chickenhack on, so it's close enough as is.

3. Honored

Honored IncGamers Member

Excuse me?

4. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

In terms of PvP purely for the sake of demonstrating skill SC offers:
    -more time to learn
    -more builds that work (they'd work in HC too except people PvP in HC at least in part for the ear, and a poison nova necro will never get that ear)
    -larger player pool that prevents stagnation
    -duels actually occur regularily

HC offers:
    -sink or swim... if something/someone doesn't cut it it is discovered very quickly and removed, where as SC duelers will often get stuck killing the same crappy MF sorc 293857 times
    -people using everything the game has to offer to win... no whining such as "absorb makes it too hard to kill you so don't use it please"

If you are interested in PvP for the sole purpose of showing off your skills and knowledge I'd suggest SC, I think the actual level of the opponents is about the same, but the fact that you can duel on a regular basis makes it much less frustrating.

HOWEVER what SC doesn't offer is a meaningful ear. This is good and it is bad. It means you have to be wary of people cheating to get your ear which isn't important in SC, but it also makes the wins feel that much better. This is why I'd never consider making a softcore character to duel with, it's just not as fun when you win, and the rush of knowing you might lose is non-existant.

5. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

SC dueling is all about the process (much more fun to be had over time, doesn't necessarily have to be so time consuming); HC dueling is all about the end result (more of an adrenaline rush than anything else).