Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Happy Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BobCox2, Nov 27, 2014.

1. LozHinge the Unhinged

LozHinge the Unhinged IncGamers Member

What's Goat got to do with anything?

I like the turkey dinner and two days of turkey sandwiches afterwards. I like to be able to tell people to take their cranberry sauce and hide it high, out of sight but where the sun don't shine.
    Oh. And pumpkin pie with whipped cream (the "wh" of "whipped" has the aspirated, H-ey pronunciation). I miss that.

2. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Who says I ain't?

He has 'to do' with everything. There, that'll keep you up at night... and your hands somewhat cleaner.

We really couldn't afford a huge spread for just 3 people (I'm having to buy both new stove & replacement dishwasher in short order), plus we visited relatives on the day. However, I found this crazy recipe on the Mount Vernon historical site for Christmas AKA Yorkshire Pie for the leftovers; I'll have to give it a go sometime soon.

EDIT somewhat cute story - my Dad passed a couple of years ago, but in life had always been a nutrition nut (he was 92, lived on his own, and just dropped so he wasn't doing badly all things considered). He had found out about the nutrient value of cranberries, and that Ocean Spray cranberry jelly tastes really great. He ate a can of it a day, thinking that he was doing wonders for his health... realization came a couple of years later when he was trying to figure out where the substantial & steady weight gain was coming from.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  3. The Silver Shroud

The Silver Shroud IncGamers Site Pal

The German ones are nice but I hear the ones in Scotland/Ireland are hawt.

4. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

"Whaaat's Goat got to do-got to do with it. Whaaat's Goat... "

@jmervyn Well, you just told your disciple that that he should thank "Goat" for missing out on Thanksgiving... and that he's like a naggy spouse who snores all night and doesn't bathe enough. So I don't know. Your credentials are questionable. /totallyseriousnotbeingsillyatall

I've heard similar wild rumors but being the Paragon of Virtueâ„¢, I must avoid the temptation of investigating fleshy matters such as this. We also should never speak of this again, as my adopted pastor is monitoring this discussion.

*COUGH*
    Send all evidence to my inbox.
    *COUGH*

jmervyn likes this.
  5. The Silver Shroud

The Silver Shroud IncGamers Site Pal

Nothing but rumors. Unvetted rumors.

Whispers in dark places when the lights have gone out.

6. LozHinge the Unhinged

LozHinge the Unhinged IncGamers Member

Don't encourage the Dread Pirate Dredd. All those titillating thoughts of teutonic titwillowy-ness are rotting his mind!

*Disciple* FFS! :Hilarious:

Dredd likes this.
  7. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Hush, grasshopper.

(I was thinking of reference to "Father Figure" by George Michael but that would have been WAY too pervy.)

As to Dredd's predilections, I'll quote another learned sage:
    "Any random group of thirty Vietnamese women will contain a dozen who make Julia Roberts look like Lyle Lovett." - P.J. O'Rourke

LozHinge the Unhinged likes this.
  8. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

That time of year again, my droogies! Let us all be thankful for the blessings we've received, not the least of which is not having to eat dirt like people in North Korea & Haiti have been doing.

9. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

You already celebrated the coming of your new president at last Thanksgiving, right? Apart from being better off than NK and Haiti, which were the other blessings of this year?

We got a surprise gift, a parliament which cannot agree on a new government, something we never had that so far since the war. Well, whatever, then the current one stays in office for now. These ones don't have to be the worst, as long as no controversial decisions have to be made quickly. However, our Thanksgiving is in late October, so it counts for the next one, strictly spoken.

10. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

PSA: Leftover breast meat and stuffing can be sent my way!

Not having to bust out my increasingly dusty mod hat for anything other than spambot management has turned me into an almost pleasant human being. Another ten years of therapy and I should be able to function in normal society again.

Oh, did they finally run out of grass in NK? What a shame. Hope the nukes were worth it.

jmervyn likes this.
  11. krischan

I almost feel like a regular forum member as well. We better don't talk about it too much, however, Elly might be reading this :)

12. Rushster

Rushster Administrator

Happy Thanksgiving US folks. Remember, the Turkey is your friend.

13. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

I suppose that depends on the situation.

upload_2017-11-23_18-48-16.png

14. krischan

That's not a Thanksgiving turkey, but the one for Black Friday, right? Bon appetit!