Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hammer's Retirement

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by HarbingersOfSkulls, Apr 7, 2004.

1. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Hammer's Retirement

My good buddy has said goodbye to the game he has played for about 5 years...and has been taken by FF online.

Hammer was one of a very few people that could actually keep this game fun for the one's that was always playing in his group of friends...always quick to help anyone with anything that they needed.

In a diablo world full of bots, hacks, and some really lame people that try to ruin the fun that our small group had..he was the person that made it actually worthwhile to put up with it all.

Hammer was the first one to answer my orginal thread(followed by beat and fatty) about getting a group from our Necro forum together and bsing without having to worry much about the the other outside garbage.

The best time was the 5-day stretch...where we was on 16 hours a day during that time...cuz he had down time from his job. One of the few that could keep up with me(and even pass me)for the amount of time that could be played during the day from our group.

He has asked me to give some of his stuff to beat and fatty...and the rest will be going to help out the NFF. It's a sad day when you lose someone like Hammer from your group...he was the glue that kept our group together...and made everyone forget about their outside problem for a while.

:drink: :buddies:

There can never be another Road Dawg like Hammer man.

See you in FF online Hammer...though Fatty won't let me retire from D yet.

HoS

2. Lyte_Hammer

Lyte_Hammer IncGamers Member

Those are very kind words HoS. I appreciate that. And yes, it is true I have completely retired from the game. Even uninstalled it from my computer. I have many great memories of playing with you guys and hope you all continue to enjoy the game. As for me, I'll be busy with my new addiction Final Fantasy XI: Online. If any of you ever care to start playing, let me or Hos know and I will provide you with a World Pass if possible. Then you will be able to play on the same server as HoS and I. And as always, I'll give any help I can.

:drink: A toast to all the good times.

Hammer

3. goofycaca

goofycaca IncGamers Member

I'm sorry to see you go also. All of the older players here took the time to answer my questions and help me out and I have looked forward to being able to play some games with them. Both the experience and maturity appealed to me (I'm 33). Shortly after everybody started taking their breaks. Was it something that I said?

I'm glad that I got a chance to know you as little as I did and if some day I am online playing FFXI I'll definately try to look you up. Take care of yourself.

4. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

I remember you from my very first forum incarnation (over 2 years ago) and then, as now, you were (are?) always helpful :thumbsup: good luck with FFXI

5. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Sux to see that you are leaving.

Here is to some good OT! :drink:

6. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

It's too bad we didn't get to play together more Hammer, I met you too late in your D2 career! :hanky:

You, beat hos and I always had a blast together though. I'm glad I got to know you, and I wish you the best of luck on FFonline. Kick some Squaresoft *** for me!

I appreciate the item donation, and I think giving the rest to the necro fund is an excellent idea. I've already filled up one of the fund's mules and am starting on another for the fund: its' great to mf with the intent of helping others!

If I ever break down and start paying for online games, I'll be sure to let you know... as my top choices would be PSO and FFonline. As for now... back to D2 for me!

--fatty

Here's to Hammer :drink: :drink: :drink:

7. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

Awww, it always brings tears to this poor necro's eyes when he sees a necroforum vet die.

:hanky:

:buddies:

May you somehow raise much Undead in FF, and think of us when doing so.

8. snapper316

snapper316 IncGamers Member

I'm currently trying to beat ffx-2, xenosaga, kingdom hearts, THEN i'll look onto ff XI
    Hopefully by then it won't be crappy to play...*yikes* i hate being behind the times...

Diablo 2, Wow, must be nice to officially retire I'd say. I'm trying to get away from it myself, but my newfound Necro and the MF of new items is keeping me here...

It's kind of sad to see my Firesorc from 1.09 sitting there collecting dust.

She has, arach's, Occulus, shako, skullderz, +3 fire skill amulet (wit +5 radius and +5% ar), 45 travs, 2 sojs, magefists, and eight. yes, i said EIGHT fire gc's.

Level 42 Firewall/mastery/meteor (screw synergies at these levels. lol) Plus a pumped static, So cows in 1.09 were a dream.

Anyway, GIMME ADVICE ON HOW TO RETIRE!!! (or maybe just play on the weekend.) I need to beat these ps2 rpg's so i can move on to ffXI

Also, is FFXI better on ps2 or pc?(my pc system could handle it)
    Sorry kinda off topic and rambling, Here's to ya hammer even though i didn't know you. congratulations on movin on.

9. Mad Mantis

I guess we need to indoctrinate snapper316 some more. It is NOT good if a vet leaves. That is BAD.

Maybe he needs some :drink:

10. HarbingersOfSkulls

First you say goodbye to your most trusted friends...uninstall it from cpu...put disk in microwave for 3-4 minutes...watch as disk is made into an ashtray or coaster...then put it to use.

That's how you retire.

HoS

11. Lyte_Hammer

well i'm already planning a tribute to my D2 days.... i can't raise any skels but i can raise diablo... that right you heard me... the summoner class can summon Ifrit and i'm surprised there hasn't been a lawsuit because of how much he looks like a 15 foot tall diablo....

as for advice on retiring all i can say is find a stronger addiction... thats what i did........ i'm havin FFXI dreams.... its scary....... ::shudder::

12. Arcanis Planeswalker

Arcanis Planeswalker IncGamers Member

Not to bump into a deep thread (which I am), but I wasn't very entertained with FF11. The first 10 levels or so are fun ... but the game gets incredibly difficult to play. The 'party' system forces you to play with other people, soloing things and getting xp at higher levels is a joke. (I know, this is much like D2 in that respect, but in D2 at least you can do things in Hell solo!)

Also, if your party doesn't have a white mage, it's dead. No questions, dead party. The gameplay is too restricted as you get up in the level chains. Now, I suppose if you have a good group of friends to play with, the game might be playable. But I give the game a C at best.

Anywho, I really don't know you, Hammer. But apparently you are good company and well-loved. Good luck in 11!

13. Mad Mantis

I'm too addicted to Diablo 2. I'm probably going to fail my oncoming exams because of it. I feel like a loser :( . Somebody please help me get over it by sharing a lot of beer :drink: with me :buddies:

14. HarbingersOfSkulls

Once Fatty gets out of channel, we will go through Hammer's acounts and put the items into the NFF account. As per Hammer's request..he wanted certain items to go to Fatty and Beat...to say thanks for all the good times, and many laughs.

Please don't message me asking to get you items...I've had 8 already...and will only give the remaining items to Fatty for the NFF since he knows the account and password.

HoS

15. Mad Mantis

Vultures. :grrr:

16. Lyte_Hammer

wow i hadn't realized my 1T3MZ were that wanted... lol

and yeah FFXI prolly would be restricting if i didn't have about 5 or 6 good friend on there... would be more.. ::coushHoScough::.... but we all play well together and can cover any spot the party needs... wow... D2 deja vu

17. HarbingersOfSkulls

Tell me about it...I should just sell it all off...and split the cash with Fatty and Beat...I know Hammer wouldn't mind it if I did.

It's like they added me to their accounts...and just waited to see me in a private game and spam me for items. Thing is MM, most of these people...I never heard of.

I don't mind helping people...but I think my friends last wishes are alot more important than having a kmart-blue light special for someone that's first words are "i need items" or "Hammer told me to ask you for items".

Unless hammer said here in this thread..."message HoS for my items"....since he can't online anymore...then It would hard to believe that he sent you my way....besides He knows my hatred for pubby's and the bs that goes with it.

HoS

18. Lyte_Hammer

ok my bad i told one guy who IMed me... i'm not sure what his account name was though...... but thats the only 1 i have talked to

19. HarbingersOfSkulls

Fatty must be trapped by the gf again....because he's been chillin' in his channel all day. :lol: At least he was allowed to get online.

One dude wasn't a problem...but I ended up getting another 4 after I posted last time...and like I told the first person, I'm waiting for Fatty to get online to go through everything since he has the NFF account and password(and I don't even want it)

I know you did it to just be a pain Hammer...who you kid'n :drink: :buddies:

HoS

20. Lyte_Hammer

me?..... no...... never..... i wouldn't do that