Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hammerdins and Raven Frost

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by CaimDark, Sep 13, 2006.

1. CaimDark

CaimDark IncGamers Member

Hammerdins and Raven Frost

I don't know wether or not I should use RF. Most builds I've seen use two Sojs, which makes sense, but "cannot be frozen" is just too good to ignore, be it PvP or PvM, although any +1 to skill make a big difference for hammerdins. I'm thinking about sticking to RF for a while, then socket a cham in my helmet or shield later on, is that a good idea? Or a waste of a valuable socket?

2. CaimDark

CaimDark IncGamers Member

Is it such a silly question nobody bothers to answer?

3. Fairlady

Fairlady IncGamers Member

cannot be frozen mod doesnt serve much purpose for casters such as hammerdin since cast rate isnt slowed by cold dmg. The cold sorb and the dext is nice of course but Id say stick to dual 3% bk since it adds to the hammer dmg, holy shield, and increase BO level on cta switch.

4. SoulSurvivor

SoulSurvivor IncGamers Member

Being frozen or slowed in any way doesn't effect the rate at which you cast spells, that includes hammers, teleport etc. So unless you're a melee hybrid, stick with the SoJ.

5. Tankmobile

Tankmobile IncGamers Member

SoJ is better for the hammerdin generally, but i wear one RF on mine, as his dexterity sucks and it maxes his block and ive got bored of levelling him (found wonders of a zealot :D) the cham is a waste of socket and rune as, been already said, doesnt affect casting, so assuming u use eni to get around, there's no need for it.