Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

hammerdin

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by skilledlord, Feb 23, 2004.

1. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

hammerdin

is blocking very important fer hammerdins? would a ss be alright and how much dex is needed for max block on that? or can i just use holy shield and more points into vitality and get a crappy shield?

2. c64flash

c64flash IncGamers Member

I would go for max block. Not that much dex is required when you put some points in Holy Shield. Determine how many points you're gonna put in HS and than calculate the dex you need at the level you aim at.
    A SS is nice, but I prefer a Herald of Zakarum or a rare pala shield with + skills , resists, FB, increased block etc.

Good luck !

3. innorton38

innorton38 IncGamers Member

personally, I think block is very important for a hammerdin. If you do baal runs, you'll probably be right in the thick of things when the minions spawn and they can hit hard in hell. My hammerdin is level 89 and i have 121 base points in dex and 158 or so after item bonuses. With holy shield, I have 75% block (with HoZ)and I still had enough stat points to get to about 1600 life (after item bonuses). Good luck!

4. bulletbutter

bulletbutter Banned

Help.

Can someone please explain to me why hammerdins are so popular? I have heard that they do amazing damage. So I d/l'ed and editor for single player to check things out. My paladin is weilding a Demon limb club that does 1k-2k base damage. With hammer skill maxed, along with synergies, I can only get the damage no higher than 3100. That is quite a bit but there are other skills that do much more damage. My pally with vengance,with synergies maxed, I do around 5100. I don't think I am too clear on how hammerdins work though. Please enlighten me. :scratch:

5. shidenx

shidenx IncGamers Member

hammerdins work with concentration aura which at level 20 is 345% more dmg for blessed hammer (BH) thus the name hammerdin. With synergies to vigor and blessed aim. Hammies can do 3-4k(1k++ hammer with 345% concent) with a poorly equiped hammerdin. A well equiped hammerdin with lots of plus skills and combat charms can do 15K per hammer.

6. bulletbutter

bulletbutter Banned

So are hammerdins even worth making if you don't have the gear do make him do 'godly damage'?

7. shidenx

shidenx IncGamers Member

Hammerdin will be a nice build if u feel all right with the way the hammer hits and how to aim it. Can be fustrating and hard at the start.

Hammerdins one of the good builds to mf pitts(excatly what i made my hammerdin for). And one thing, blessed hammer is magical damage and u have only a few monsters that are magic immune:wailing beast in act3. Try to follow the maximum damage hammerdin guide in the pally subforum. Its really good :thumbsup:

8. innorton38

innorton38 IncGamers Member

The best thing about hammerdins is that they can do a large amount of damage (3-4k with maxed hammer, syn, and conc aura active, as stated above) with no special gear at all and yes, there are a lot of skills that can surpass that level, but the hammers are unblockable and unresistable so basically you can kill anything at all in Hell and you can kill lots of monsters at a rapid pace there's only one monster that I've found that I can't kill and he's in the ruined temple of act 3). That's not possible or at least as easy with other higher damage skills. Also, 3-4k is the damage with no +skills equipment at all. Anyone should be able to come by at least some +skills equipment. My hammerdin does over 10k damage in full gear but i usually wear mf gear and still do 7k damage which is more than enough to kill anything in hell. So i would suggest building a hammerdin and at least seeing if you like it. If not, just delete him.