Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hammerdin versus WW barb

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Paul barbarian, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Paul barbarian

Paul barbarian IncGamers Member

Hammerdin versus WW barb

GUYS, how to defeat hammerdins?

2. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

I'm the least qualified since I have no idea, but wouldn't leap work?

3. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

they have to be close to you to hit, and that happens to be in you're ww range assuming you are using ebotd/beast zerkers.
    make them come to you and ww away from them, easy duel, just dont make many mistakes since they do alot of dmg.

if they suck and stand still to spam hammers, tele right under them, slightly to the left and zerk them to death.
    if they desync, just make long ww's in the direction you think they are.

throw in a widowmaker on switch to GA them if you want to shorten the duel, its not necessary but makes the duel even easier.

4. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

I find leaping a very good way to getting them out of their hammerfield and give you a chance you go in for a whirl.

5. Paul barbarian

k, thx, but won't it be easy to use fury/ebotd, for OW and deadly strikes, or dual ebotd, why people always tell that it is good to use grief, ebotd does more damage, dual ebotd will be very good, or even better, look, dual ethereal death cleavers with highlords and gores, huh? good damage, 100% deadly strike? I don't need a shield here right?

one more question, If I want to kill them with WW, can I tele to south of them ( as you said and as I know it is their blind spot) and WW there, left to right, right to left and that's all.

one more question, If I use OW can I do that, tele on them, hit, tele away wait 8 sec, while OW do their job, then tele on top of him, hit, tele away to have less risk, is this tactic aplicable?

thank you.

6. MonsterSlayer

MonsterSlayer Guest

Grief does more damage than EBotD if applied in a zerker axe

If you're thinking of hit with OW and run, then you could just as well use malice, but then again if the opponent can't catch you while he's SLOWLY dying what stops him from just go to town and spam RUNNER all over the place while he regenerates at akara? ;)

7. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

2x botd...no
    fury...no
    deathcleavers...no
    botd>grief...no

grief is far better.
    the best setups:
    botd & beast = nonladder
    grief & beast = ladder

if you tele to a hammerdins blindspot, wwing them is suicide there, you have to zerk them.

basically you dont attack the hammerdin unless:
    -they are stupid enough to stand still -- you tele zerk them in their blindspot.
    -you see an opening where they are not casting hammers or are trying to run away after taking a crucial hit, in which case you would tele below them and ww them or if they have low enough life you can risk namelocking them and then tele wwing ontop of them. but usually this wont happen if you duel a good hammerdin.

otherwise, stick to playing defensive, wwing away from them when they attack and desync wws (long ww's in the direction you think they are going, but not in places they already were to avoid invisible hammers)

8. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

And remember, if they tele on top of you, ww to the south.. To my disgrace I went against a very good hammerdin and I whirled to the north just one time, which was enough to kill me >.<

HoD

9. ~Foxfire~

~Foxfire~ IncGamers Member

I'd avoid ww vs hammerdins, the idea in Softcore is to not get hit as long as possible, and being in ww doesn't allow you to maneuver once you're on a set path. Also, if you accidentally namelock, you're done. You may try berzerk for hammerdins, it's been the most successful thing for me on HC since you are able to use juv pots (Accepted and expected on HC) while using the attack, and the damage isn't resistable since it's not physical like ww is. I just addressed this issue with a barb I finished the other day, here's what I did, it's a hardcore build so take from it what you wish and apply what works of it to your realm (Forgive the fact that this is the second time it was posted, it's just easier like this :) ).

10. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

in sc, you only use zerk for idiot hammerdins who stand still, otherwise its pointless.

also i'd liek to point out that the hammerdin you dueled was stupid to stand still in his hammerfield, especially considering it was HC where there are alot of zerk barbs, should have been obvious and easily avioded if he just tele hammered or better yet, desynced u.

anyways my strat that i vaguely went over works very well, no hammerdin was able to beat me in a series (without me beating them in more series; they win 1 series but i win 2-3 or more). on top of that, only a handful were able to give me any challenge or win at all. and these are top-notch hammerdins who know what they are doing.
    if you want more details on the strat, just ask a question on what you are having problems with (specific).

11. Paul barbarian

K, why I'm asking is becasue there are a lot of hammerdins, they are like bots, on EAST, they have this usuall hammerdin equipment, shako, HOZ, wizardspike and so on, they all look the same, the yall play the same, they think a lot of themselves, they standtil and spam hammers, that's all they do, than they think they'd win versus good WW barb, not gonna happen, well, what I do, tele to south and zerk them to death? right? I start to hate them, there are too much of them, and pally's gear beginning to become more and more expensive ( better for us barbs) I asked one pally does SS worth HOZ ( I think it pretty much is) he says LOL you'r noob, I got highlords for NOTHING!!!, while mara, good amy for pallys is bery hard to get, shako worth like two arreats, it's stupid, from one side, from another side it's good, I also meet a lot zealers, who also say, NOTHING CAN BEAT MY ZEALER, he leaches insane amount of life, while not all of them know that there is PVP damage penalty, by the way, how do I beat zealers, with WW barb, I think no tele is needed right? they tele on you, you WW away, right, I also gonna have fury/fort setup for BVB and maybe versus zealers, is that good versus them (you get 100% OW and 80% deadly strike, in total, you hit them, wait 8 seconds and they loose 916 life, good, heh?, while if you have 6 k damage you do only 500 in one hit), answer this questions dude, ok? and main question, what I do versus zealers.

12. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Use paragraphs, your post is a MAJOR pain to read and understand.

Anyway treat a zealot in the same way u would duel a smiter, i.e. dont ww through em.