Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hammerdin tweaking questions

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Atomicfurball, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Atomicfurball

Atomicfurball IncGamers Member

Hammerdin tweaking questions

see if u expert hammerdins can help me with my gear i want to do the highest amot of dmg with hammers as possible and i wanna reach some breaking points

heres my gear

hoto
    shako
    aracnids
    zak
    maras
    wyrmhide enigma
    dracul's grasp(i think there might be someting better for his one to)
    gore riders(which i think there is someting better for a hammerdin)
    2xsoj
    10xpally combat charms
    1 anni

skill wise
    BH ,BA, vigor, concentration is maxed, thinking about holy shield dont know yet.

I need some ideas, i wanna reach somebreaking points and have the most hammer dmg possible. up for any suggestions please

2. unseenSNIPER

unseenSNIPER IncGamers Member

Swap out the gloves of Trangs gloves, and boots for war travs...unless you want to go with silkweaves. otherwise your setup is pretty darn good..

3. Krollin

Krollin IncGamers Member

I prefer Magefist to Trangs, get more help with mana recovery and still have FCR. Trangs +25% Poison damage mod can be better employed elsewhere.

4. TheHolyGrail

TheHolyGrail <a href="payments.php">IncGamers Site Pal</a><br>D

As you seem to have some high end gear, I dont think it would be too much for u to upgrade some Tearhaunch greaves to warboots, same upgrade your Magefists, then u have yet more fc from the Magefists as person above said, and you get +2 to vigor, which if you are striving for "the best" is yet more damage/longlevity of hammers. (Argue over which Im not entriley certain). And you get another 10 all res. My 92 pala uses these items in all acts of Hell with far cheaper mfing gear, and he has no probs.

5. jart

jart IncGamers Member

Just to clear something up - Tearhaunch are useful boots, but the +2 vigor does not add to the dmg of your hammers. Only actual points spent in the synergy skills add to hammer dmg (so capped at 20 per synergy).

Nice gear btw. :)

6. chovenga2

chovenga2 IncGamers Member

What about an untweaked hammerdin, only basic gear - nothing fancy? I'm not a wealthy player, havent figured out trading and don't play enough to mf juicy bosses.
    Will my hammerdin still be playable in hell? What is Hammer damage with all the synergies, naked?

thanks,

7. fugitive alien2

fugitive alien2 IncGamers Member

8. Hyey

Hyey IncGamers Member

the only NECASSARY gear for a hammerdin is a Herald of Zakarum.. otherwise you can get by fine with a wizspike shako vipermagi silkweaves and such ( I did that and then slowly upgraded... got Hoto First... then Seraphs... then Enigma.) Yes it did take a long time to get my first enigma (got ber... then had to try to mf and trade for a jah for about 2~3weeks made it last weekend.) But you will always eventually get one... trust me.

btw .. there is no reason on the planet why you shouldnt be able to put at least 1 point into holyshield.. especially with all the combat charms and equip you have... 1 point makes it a lvl 26~ holy shield... way more than enough... will boost the 2k defense you may have to well over 10000 and you get much easier max block so you add less into dex.

Personally since i maxed all my Hammer skills... im gonna finish maxing holy shield because its that darn good. (and i have nothing better to put it into...)