Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hammerdin still viable?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by nightaswz, Mar 3, 2004.

1. nightaswz

nightaswz IncGamers Member

Hammerdin still viable?

i am currently attempting to make my first both pvp and pvm (mostly pvp) pure hammerdin... anyways i was browsing for information when i saw that most hammerdin leave strength and dex at base and dump their stat pts in vit. However, question is whether max block for pvp would be a better choice? Also, do the typical elite items such as enigma, shako, etc give enough strength to wear the rest of the items?

My char currently has 65 into strength and 55 in dex (i started the char before i read the threads). Is a pure hammerdin still viable with max block and a few flawed pts in strength? Or should i revert to the liberator build and put more pts in strength to wear a ss and enough in dex for max block (that is w/ holy shield).

I would really appreciate any comments. Thanks!

ps. i wonder how these chars with base strength and dex quest through the games from norm - hell... anyone care to explain :)

2. lajoZ

lajoZ IncGamers Member

1) After gear is put on - they have max block
    2) Questing through the game isn't really the goal for theese chars - the focus is on the end-game char and not the way there so to say...

3. nightaswz

nightaswz IncGamers Member

"1) After gear is put on - they have max block
    2) Questing through the game isn't really the goal for theese chars - the focus is on the end-game char and not the way there so to say..."

u misunderstood me =) i know that questing through the game isnt the goal but u have to do norm, nmare, and hell anyways. U cant get rush through norm - hell because i heard that u have to be lvl 20, 40, 60 until u can do ancients, which is a prerequisite to doing baal (am i wrong on this). I mean, if u start with base strength and dex, its going to be extremely hard to kill anything (mana wont last long in early on). Also, u wont be able to wear the gears until u get ur enigma on which gives most of the strength needed.

and can anyone confirm that when the gear is put on that they would have max block?

4. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

yes in principle but it is easy to have a party till lvl 24 in norm and you wont need to use points then ancients get you to 25 (when norm baal runs start giving xp) then you do norm baal till 40 nm rush and do nm baal till 75ish (most gear including enigmas huge + strength) then get hell rush and hell baal till you have the right lvl for your plan

5. Origin

Origin IncGamers Member

so why do you make this kind of character anyways? whats the fun if you dont play the game? you consider it fun to do hell baal runs over and over? or is it just for duelling?
    i mean sure each to their own but im just confused..

6. nSin

nSin IncGamers Member

you make this char to eventually have the most optimized character. You can go to hell without being level 20... but it's a bit complicated to explain now

7. IMCL85

IMCL85 IncGamers Member

no the reason they leave dex on base is because they will be wearing +skill item. And with a 1 point in holy sheild they will get hell alot of bonuse even for just 1point due to the +skill item. So dex can just be leave at base or 80(if you dont have alot of +dex item).

8. Hyey

Hyey IncGamers Member

HOW?! you need level 20 for ancients, but i guess the door opens anyway then huh.

9. nSin

nSin IncGamers Member

no.. ever got a quest while you werent even doing it , and you were in town?

works the same way, when you are partied with someone, and you stay in town, and that person gets the quest, you get it too.

I had to go to school quick earlier :)

10. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

But they won't level up fast as level 1 in hell so they still need to do something like my method

11. nSin

nSin IncGamers Member

actually, if you continue to hell, I heard someone talking about an experiment to get to lvl 40 in an hour from lvl 1 by doing hell diablo... think it was another forum.. I'll double check

12. DistortedRiff

DistortedRiff IncGamers Member

Yeah it was on gamefaqs. I didn't read it though, just saw the title there.