Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hammerdin - SoJ or BK?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Jednowlosy, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Jednowlosy

Jednowlosy IncGamers Member

Hammerdin - SoJ or BK?

I have a pretty much perfect gear on my hammerdin, but I wonder about keeping a SoJ.. BK also adds 1 to skill, but gives a bonus to life instead. With a couple of mana SCs (I have even have one selffound 20/15 :azn:) you can reach 900 mana without SoJ.. wouldn't the 49 extra life from BK be better than the extra mana from SoJ?

I am doing uber tristram with a single hammerdin so extra life can come handy..

2. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

Re: Hammerdin - SoJ or BK?

I too prefer BK over an SOJ, even without an Insight merc. If you can reach 900 mana without an soj, then go for BK. No doubt about it. Once you BO yourself you can basically cast hammers nonstop. To be honest neither are actually that groundbreaking (you won't notice the 49 extra life from the BK, it isn't BO-able) but of course the fact is the BK > SOJ, especially with your gear. More life is always good.

3. eseven

eseven IncGamers Member

I'd go with BK over SOJ. My Hammerdin uses 2x fcr rings, with about 5-600 mana BO'd. I rarely have mana problems in normal situations due to redemption. Tristing with a single hammerdin will be quite difficult I'd imagine, as normally you have concen + medi going at the same time from 2 hdins. I'm guessing you probably have an insight merc, so mana will be less of a problem so go with BK. Nevertheless, when I trist with lvl 18 or so medi on, I run oom fairly regularly @ 105 fcr (you should be fine at a lower bp).

4. Jednowlosy

Jednowlosy IncGamers Member

I am at final fcr breakpoint

Well, I gotta try ;) Ubers can't really touch me excluding mephisto (for whom I use umed Kiras and light resis charms so he can't do much either), the trick is to draw them away and fight them one on one ;)

5. quicksandmg

quicksandmg Banned

Life > mana.Carrying 2-3 mana potions , or better , full rejuvs will solve your almost-non-existent mana problems.
    Go for the bk ring :smiley:

6. The Demon Slayer

The Demon Slayer IncGamers Member

yeah in my opinion i would also go for the bk if u have enough mana to use. go with the soj if u need the mana, but u could always use insight for your merc

7. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

If the choice is between SoJ and BK + couple of mana scs, I'd pick a SoJ. You can easily get more life from a couple of vita sc and that life *is* BOable.

8. Yacoby

Yacoby IncGamers Member

I'd go SOJ, I get more life from two SCs than I do from a BK, where as I can't get the bonuses from a SOJ using SCs