Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hammerdin Question

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by xNamastex, Sep 5, 2006.

1. xNamastex

xNamastex IncGamers Member

Hammerdin Question

When spamming my hammers (currently 6K at 125FCR) why is it that some monsters standing near me seem to not get hit while all the others do. Never seems to be in same spot but usually there is one guy left standing with no hit to health at all.

Anyway to avoid this?

Thx

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Your hammers simply missed that one guy, that's all. Move to another spot and continue casting.

3. Niortimus Dryskol

Niortimus Dryskol IncGamers Member

Yeah, sometimes they move just enough to get out of your range.

4. Niortimus Dryskol

Niortimus Dryskol IncGamers Member

Hopefully this isn't a double post, my browser messed up and it didn't show the original one, so as I said, sometimes the monsters move just out of the hammers arc, so just move. Best way to avoid this is to try and stay below all of them, as the hammers tend to hit things above you better.

5. xNamastex

xNamastex IncGamers Member

As I have been leveling my hammer in Hell I am really finding all this "missing the monsters next to me" a real pain in the ***. I am at 11K damage, lvl 83 and 125 fcr, but still I almost threw my keyboard across the room when 3 monsters are sitting right beside me with 100% health!.

I have always used zealor/smiter pallies and I guess I have been spoiled with the killing precision. No one escapes. With hammers there always seems to be lots of baddies hanging around and ducking under the hammers. It really sucks when its a boss and they sit there and nab you big time.

In terms of moving around, with the hammers skill on the left mouse click, it makes moving to a new spot difficult without clicking accidently on a monster again (hammers go off again vs moving to new position). I have tried teleporting instead, but not really comfortable - is there a better console set-up I need to use to telemove effectively.

My first hammer is not going as smoothly as I had planned. With all the hoopla about hammers, I am finding them quite annoying and tedious to play. Nice killing power, great chaos runners and absolutely a tank but way too vulnerable to the missed monsters, especially if they are bosses or minions.

6. tunis

tunis IncGamers Member

hah dude thank you for posting this, it's exactly how I feel about hammerdins, and now I know I'm not the only one. I know they're very popular, but I can't stand playing one for the very reasons you state, they are just plain frustrating to play...

7. Antikythera

Antikythera IncGamers Member

I kind of understand where you're coming from but I think all it is is you need to develop a bit more skill with your hammerdin. Setup tele on right click hotkey and when u arent hitting tele right on that monster n spam hammers. i really have no problem whiping out groups of monsters with a hammy u just gotta get used to playing differently thats all. Good luck

8. Azathor

Azathor Banned

I spam my hammers then Ill move and spam some more, rinse and repeat. The monsters will follow you there by getting hit by the whirling hammmer net I create...unescapable...muwhahaha.

Either that or I'll tele into a pack and spam for a bit then start on the fringes using the above method. Basically, I'm teleing alot and spamming at different locales for speedy killing.

Also I notice that like another poster mentioned to stay below them and not directly infront of them but more on an angle if your right next to them.

Hope this helped.

Az.

9. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

When I play my hammerdin, I cast a few hammers, run a few steps, cast a few more hammers, and repeat the process until everything's dead. By running every few castings, you can ensure that there is little chance that an enemy an approach you and not get hit.