Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hammerdin Question?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by SincereX13, Mar 21, 2004.

1. SincereX13

SincereX13 IncGamers Member

Hammerdin Question?

What the???

Anyway, don't know what happened their, but this is all and edit...

What would be the optimal gear for a MF Hammerdin, assuming all gear was at your dispossal??? Thanks guys as I am clueless on how to keep FCR while adding MF gear on my newly upgraded Hammerdin.

2. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

I'd imagein you are bound to loss some fast cast if you want to put mf gear. Slots you can sacrifice are harlequin crest, which is pretty much the standard equiptment anyway, or war traveller, which had lower running speed, but not too bad. Armor can be switch to that mf armor too (sorry what it's called?). Weapon I guess you'd have to use wizardspike, spectral shard or suicide branch, plus another 20% fcr from either glove or something to reach the 65% break point, otherwise the hammer cast is pailfully slow.

Sorry for the rambling, filling tax return made my head full of goo today. But bottom line is use one of the above mentioned weapon, plus 20% fcr from either magefist or some other things you have, and fill the rest with mf gear.

3. Jezzwashere

Jezzwashere Banned

MY MF Hammerdin Setup

Harly ptopaz
    Enigma Archon Plate
    Heart of the Oak Flail
    War Trav
    Chancies
    Gheeds (40% perfect)
    Ravenfrost
    Stone of Jordan
    HoZ Um rune
    Maras
    Aracnid Mesh
    MF scs

Comes to around 311% MF, not that good, but i do do 10k damage at the same time, and i never get hit... SAFETY and MF and KILL SPEED

just my $0.02

Jeza

4. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

my set up is basically the same as Jezz's... only i don't have enigma. :D i also switch out the Ravnefrost for a 30% Nagelring. the HotO is an awesome runeword for a hammerdin and is basically all you need for faster cast, mana and resist. the other quite viable option is Wizardspike. Rhyme shield is handy as well, and the 25% MF is just gravy.

5. SincereX13

Thanks guys... I'll be using pretty much all those ideas :thumbsup: . I'm just a little frustrated though as I'm coming from my Zealot who could hit about 800+ MF if I let my merc get the kill. The Hammerdin however can't rely on the merc getting the kill as much and as I am seeing can't nearly stack on as much MF.

6. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

well, i agree with you about the merc kill with a hammerdin... it is hard to be capable of doing 12k damage and then sit there and watch your merc poke at baal. however, you can have a hammerdin with awesome amounts of MF. i have an 'IstIst' Ali baba and Rhyme shield on weapon switch, so that gives me:
    PTopaz Harley = 74
    PTopaz Skullders = 136
    Chancies = 36
    War Trav = 44
    Nagelring = 30
    Gheed's = 40
    Rhyme = 25
    'IstIst' Ali baba = 150
    10X 7%MF SC = 70

for a grand total of 605% MF if I get the kill, and add on another 210% if my merc gets the kill (rarely) for a massive 815% MF... oh yeah, and he still does 8k hammer damage with the ali baba out. :D pretty hard to beat, yah?

this setup is great for baal runs cause i do the whole thing with the HotO out, then when Baal has a sliver of life left, i whip out the ali baba to finish him off. its a pretty sweet deal. the hammerdin kinda sucks for Pindle though cause there's not enough room to easily get a good field of hammers going. its possible, but it aint easy.

7. SincereX13

MF aside i just found a Shael and a Sol on a single Normal Cow run :thumbsup:

edit: add Cow King Leathers - my first ever self found portion of the Cow King Set :yep:

8. Zertuals_Ovrlrd

Zertuals_Ovrlrd IncGamers Member

Do you have alot of skiller GC's? Because about the only difference between my hammerdins gear and yours is the HoZ, and the most damage I can get is 7k (nothing to sniff at but it's no 10k) Or is HoZ just that good?

EDIT: Just realised you get one more +1 to all skill levels from enigma, so I guess that plus HoZ and one or two skillers could explain the difference.

I can get around 600 MF with my hammerdin, if I recall correctly... It's been a while since I totaled it up.

Z_O

9. Jezzwashere

Jezzwashere Banned

Well, HoZ is about another 4 to Hammer, and 2 to anything else....

Herald of Zakarum
    Gilded Shield
    'Um'
    Defense: 463
    Chance to Block: 82%
    Smite Damage: 20 to 28
    Durability: 47 of 50
    (Paladin Only)
    Required Strength: 89
    Required Level: 47
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 68
    Fingerprint: 0xe33ac580
    +20 to Strength
    +20 to Vitality
    +174% Enhanced Defense
    +30% Increased Chance of Blocking
    All Resistances +72
    +2 to Paladin Skill Levels
    30% Faster Block Rate
    20% Bonus to Attack Rating
    +2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)
    Socketed (1: 1 used)

I only have 1 Combat Skiller

10. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

I would use Magefists instead of Chancies, you might lose out on some mf but it allows you to reach the next casting breakpoint and the difference isn't negligible but a bit of mf could easily be done without.