Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hammerdin PvP tips

Discussion in 'PvP' started by CaimDark, Sep 13, 2006.

1. CaimDark

CaimDark IncGamers Member

Hammerdin PvP tips

My hammerdin is around level 50, and just had his first duel against an equal level assassin. I'm very impressed with this build PvM, it kills even the big bosses super fast, but it's difficult to use in PvP, especially against a fast moving character, such as an assassin. I won all 3 duels, but I only killed her with hammers once (I guess that's not too bad for first time), the other 2 I just gave up the hammers and charged her to death (And I'm impressed. My single charge point is giving me a lot of damage, I wonder just how much damage can a pure charger deal...).
    The one time I landed a hammer on her face, I pretended to run away and she started chasing me. I ran for a while, and when I felt she was confident enough to get close and careless, I cast the hammers and bingo: one dead assassin!:cool:

So, what tips can you give me to increasing my chances of hammering my oponents in PvP?

2. conor rocks

conor rocks IncGamers Member

Your a little too low to start dueling because one reason you can't wear enigma which means you can't tele on them and it sounds like you are wearing no fcr gear either. One strategy you can try is charging in front of them when they run and cast hammers there.

3. CaimDark

:evil: Yes, I'm still at a low level, but it's just for fun with my friends. Besides, these same tips will help me when I'm a godlike patriarch!!!

4. conor rocks

conor rocks IncGamers Member

But the strategy will be way different with more fcr and teleport.

5. De4dEyE

De4dEyE IncGamers Member

Get a large mana pool, charge around and throw hammers.. desynch'd hammers can be effective in a lot of situations, especially against melee. If it's a trapper, equip some weapon and charge her *** to death if she's poorly built. If someone chases you, drop a hammer or two, charge away, rinse repeat.

6. CaimDark

Ok guys, I'm now at level 67 and wearing pretty much my final equipment, with the possible exception of arachnid sash, or mesh, or something like.: Shako, HotO, Enigma, HoZ, 2Sojs, Frostburn and a level 64 boots I forgot the name. So, what PvP tips can you give me now?

7. jmsplat

jmsplat IncGamers Member

Vs. What build? Vs. trap sins charge with a grief and/or snipe with widowmaker

8. CaimDark

Against as many as you can tell me!

9. jmsplat

jmsplat IncGamers Member

Tell me 1-2 builds that are hard and I'll tell you

10. CaimDark

Right now I'm having trouble against a FoH paladin. I managed to kill him 5 times (2 of them we both died, lol), but I mostly lost. What can I do against him? What's the best gear against a FoH? The obvious answers would be Lightsabre and thundergod's, but I don't have any of those.

11. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Your gear setup don't even get you over 75%. Least you can do is switch out frosties for a Magefist or trang's.

125% fcr / max block is recommended for hdins. Usually done with a Sacred Targe Spirit.

Against FoHers, sticking on a grief with bit of sorb to charge is the best way to go. Can't get a tgod? What?

If you can't afford any decent melee wep to charge with, desynch hammers with sorb is the only way to go. Same method is applied to trappers.

Hammerdin = king of PvM. No wonder you're surprised.

12. jmsplat

jmsplat IncGamers Member

Also add a 4x ptopaz paladin shield

13. CaimDark

My gear setup does get me over 75%. My resistances are 74% in nightmare, so the total is 114%, except for poison, which is 70% higher due to waterwalks.
    As for melee, I have good melee weapons. I have a level 87 whirlwind barbarian what wields a BotD colossus blade, and his mercenary wields doom. Together with his might aura, that is one dangerous pair...:thumbsup:
    Which charge weapon would be better for my hammerdin? BotD or doom? Or something else?
    And yes, no luck so far getting a thundergod's. I got plenty of good things, such as rare runes, shako, vampire gaze, raven frost, immortal king maul, oculus, etc, but can't seem to get a freaking thundergod's!!!!!:banghead:

14. jmsplat

jmsplat IncGamers Member

You need more res :) Try to get a torch and anni. Also switch out your treks for waterwalks

15. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Grief would be best, but ebotd or doom would both work decent.

I was talking about 75% fcr, not res.

and btw, you do need more than 114 res on a hammerdin.

16. CaimDark

Good news, I got waterwalks from meph! And an unique jewel!:shocked:
    I did not even know there were unique jewels!

As for resistances, I definitely need more, but I don't know what to compromise, since I'm going for max damage.

17. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Cool. Sandstorm Trek or Waterwalk are both good for hammers.

Hammers do enough to kill even when not maximized. Unless you are PvM, focus more on getting 75% fcr and higher res in hell.

Rainbow Faucets. Hope you got 5/5die light. :smiley: