Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hammerdin PvP Problem

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ImmortalChicken, Mar 28, 2004.

1. ImmortalChicken

ImmortalChicken IncGamers Member

Hammerdin PvP Problem

I'm a level 50 hammerdin, doing 2K dmg per hammer. I can win against barbs and druids, but it's the ranged attackers(also charge/zeal pallys) that gives me problems. I cant seem to catch up to them, and when I do and cast, the hammers are extremely hard to aim and misses about 90% of the time. This is my gear:

Weapon: The Fetid Sprinkler //switch// Spellsteel bearded axe(with teleporting charges, dont know if this is useful or not)
    Armour: Que-Hegan's Wisdom, not enough str/dex to use upgraded Guardian Angel.
    Helm: Blackhorn's Face
    Boots: WaterWalks
    Shield: rare +1 pally skill 36 all resist shield
    Gloves: Magefist - Should I use IK gloves for now so I am able to wear Guardian Angel, and go back to Magefist when my stats in str/dex are enough without IK?
    Belt: String of Ears
    Rings: 2 magic mana rings, +200 mana altogether
    Ammy: Nokozan Relic

I have about 800 life and 300 mana. My point distrubution are: 24 in Blessed Hammer, 18 in Concentration, 16 in Vigor, 5(or 4. 1 base point) in Blessed Aim, 5 in charge, and 5 in holy shield.

This is my first hammerdin build, and second D2X character, he's primarily PvM but I would like to also win some duels. Any tips is very welcomed, Thnx.

btw, the character is on realm.

2. Pravda

Pravda IncGamers Member

That's why you should use a high dam weapon and charge on switch

3. slashywashy

slashywashy IncGamers Member

4. Fearoth

Fearoth IncGamers Member

Hammerdin go pvm please kkthx :) dont want to see any of your likes in pvp scene its worse than 1.09 bowazon ever was.

5. Ducky

Ducky IncGamers Member

Basically you are at the point where you aren't built for Pvp
    (Gear)
    Its not a bad thing, and you are allowed to still compete (By all means do so.. Its fun)
    But teleport charges are needed greatly for ranged.
    Just tele atop of them (Not a blind spot where the hammer will miss) and wail away.

If you can't afford Enigma, tele ammy or even to keep fixing the spellsteel (Which I wouldn't use)
    A good Vigor/Charge combination will catch up to any ranged in a matter of 2 seconds.

6. ImmortalChicken

What do you mean? What would be a great dueling char/build in your opinion?

7. ImmortalChicken

Thanks for the tips. I tried the vigor/charge combo you said, would a Bstar be a good 1 hit weapons for this? After i do the initial hit with charge however, dont know if it's my computer or the realm's laggy, but I cant seem to switch weapons into hammer/conc fast enough to cast. Is there are way to avoid that? Would it work if I switch weapons as im charging, or would it be my casting weapon doing the charge hit? Thnx.

8. Pravda

Pravda IncGamers Member

Yeah, bstar is alright. Once you hit, don't bother to switch. Use smite and/or hammers. I agree with the others that you're not equipped for pvp. You lack dr and sufficient fcr. Looks almost like my ladder hammerdin, although you have better gear (except my fine fine fine 199% upgraded HoZ :) )

9. ImmortalChicken

Gimme you HoZ :drool:

10. Smack the Pony

Smack the Pony IncGamers Member

Use charge/vigor to catch up with the character - then get some FCR-gear liek Spectral shard/Suicide Branch/wizardspike combined with FCR-rings/amu`s and even magefist/TO gloves (should take you past 75% FCR).... Then you`re set to hammer away fast once you (hopefully) stunned (surprised) them for .20 second.....

For charge-weapon I dunno... use whatever, but preferably one with a good dmg......

My 2 cents....

11. IMCL85

IMCL85 IncGamers Member

lol how can this be happening. My hammerdin who is design to pvm on the first place owning all melee (bar,zeal pal,ww druid etc....) They just cant get close lol. 1-2 hammer they are dead.

12. LovelyGods

LovelyGods Banned

im not even going to comment on this particular thread. If i did i would be banned for good.

but what i wil say is this..

a Pure hammer pala is ment for mf or pvm never was ment for pvp.

Even if they use telport it might not help cause most people will expect it.

there are only three viable builds that utilize hammer as a attack for pvp.

Vanquisher and Liberator and Mage

Smite/Ham and Charge/Ham and Foh / Ham respectivly.

Thats all im gonna comment on cause if i choose to speak my mind about hammerdins i would get banned.. :lol: