Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hammerdin problems

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by IntellectSucks, Apr 30, 2008.

1. IntellectSucks

IntellectSucks IncGamers Member

Hammerdin problems

I'm running into a couple of problems with my hammerdin:
    1) Sometimes, I can't seem to get my hammers aimed correctly no matter where I stand, so I'll end up screaming at the computer while a Fallen Shaman is laughing at me and my merc is off dancing like a fairy (or some other such nonsense that doesn't help me). What am I doing wrong?
    2) My merc is a wuss. What do I do when I run into Dolls or FELE monsters or other monsters that can instakill/seriously hurt from close range?
    3) Is it really this boring of a character?

2. Shock

Shock IncGamers Member

Re: Hammerdin problems

A hammerdin was my 1st character when I started 5 months ago, so my advice may be a little off, but here goes
    1. Standing directly below and slightly to the right of monsters may help.
    2. You could cast a few hammers and run back or teleport (enigma) to reposition your merc.
    3. Yes

3. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

1. That works very well for me as well. I also find that teleing directly on top of them also work, as long as you cast your hammer immediately after.
    2. Put better items on your merc, maybe? Even a shaft and a reapers does the trick. If you have teleport, use it to reposition your merc.
    3. Boring, maybe, but it is simply effective. Can do just about anything in the game, and ubers with the right switches.

4. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

yes.
    there's something about being insanely overpowered that makes them a very, very boring character to play

which is why i refuse, point blank, to make one.

5. Alc

Alc IncGamers Member

If you haven't made one, how do you know they're boring to play?

Don't get me wrong, I don't play mine except when really necessary, because I do find it boring. It just seems like a lot of people say how boring hammerdins are to play, followed by a statement that they've never made one. If this doesn't apply to you then fair enough, if it does, then don't you think you should build one before passing judgement on whether or not it's fun to play?

6. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

Well, 10k+ unresistable spammable damage with high life, defense and max block sounds pretty overpowered to me.

Although I quite enjoy playing my hammerdin, but I probably won't once he gets an Enigma.

Non-tele hammerdins are a lot more fun since they have to run up and aim hammers. With Enigma it's just tele on top and spam.

7. Alc

Alc IncGamers Member

I'm not trying to say they aren't overpowered. However, objecting to that without trying it is kind of like saying that an F1 car isn't fun without taking one out for a spin. In a straight race against a road-legal car there's going to be no competition, regardless of skill, but are you honestly going to discount the experience as boring just because of that?

Playing devil's advocate here, of course, although I think the metaphor is pretty generous.

8. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

i have made and played several hammerdins both in SP and on the realms. all long since deleted/expired.

perhaps i should have said: thats why i refuse to build/play another one.

9. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

That's just asking for it vs dolls...... I fear them with a hammerdin more than a meteorb sorc.