Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hammerdin or Liberator?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Meeke, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Meeke

Meeke IncGamers Member

Hammerdin or Liberator?

I want to make a (mainly) PvM pally for ladder play with my buddy, but I'm not sure if I want to make a pure hammerdin or a hammer/charge hybrid, the libby. For those of you who've tried both, which one did you have more fun with?

If I make a libby, I probably won't be putting too many points, if any, into Blessed Aim. Will this drastically reduce my hammer damage? What would my max hammer damage be with max BH, Conc, and Vigor?

I'm also wondering about equipment. A hammerdin always goes for fast cast, with things like the suicide branch and later a wizard spike or hoto, but a libby needs to be able to do good damage with charge. Since I'm ladder, a grief phase blade would be my ultimate goal (awesome damage, plus smite suddenly becomes useful even with only 1 point in it), but that's a long ways off. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Basically, is the lower hammer damage worth having max charge?

2. Davie.

Davie. IncGamers Member

Hammerdin for pvm, Liberator is a pvp build with a charge switch to take down casters. You wont be needing charge pvm besides as transportation.
    Yes if you pvp liberators charge dmg is worth the loss in hammer dmg, should be around 4-6k dmg loss depending on ur setup. I'd say since ur a long way off from getting a greif (shouldnt be phase charge depends on range not ias)
    go pure hammerdin and lvl him with some spare points to max charge with, keep those points untill you have your greif so you can pvp. For now a wizardspike/hoz hammerdin is more than fine for pvm.

3. IMCanadian

IMCanadian IncGamers Member

Libby is way more fun...but pvm is definitly a hammerdin.

4. Trunkzors

Trunkzors IncGamers Member

i had a pure hammerdin until about an hour ago log on and find out all my items are gone the coh shako zak shield spirit sword and all my runes plus my gcs and sojs