Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hammerdin max absorb Q

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by hashmalum2, Apr 2, 2004.

1. hashmalum2

hashmalum2 Banned

Hammerdin max absorb Q

Greetings yall. My paly currently uses GA/Tgods/WW's and absorb gear to get his absorbs to 95 lit w/absorb, 95 fire w/absorb, and 90 cold w/absorb, and 90 poison. I finished hammer and all its synergys, and i have a lot of points saved up. I was thinking about putting 10 into cold res so my res were 95/95/95/90 +absorbs of all 3 main elements. Would it be worth it? I dont need more into Holy shield my duration is plenty enough right now.

2. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

holy shield isn't just for duration, it's for defense rating. you may want to go for defense...

3. hashmalum2

hashmalum2 Banned

90% of the time theres a barb in the baal run to bo/shout and my def shoots up to 20k anyway, dont really need more than that. Dunno what I wanna do yet, 95/95/95 just looks hot.

4. Smack the Pony

Smack the Pony IncGamers Member

You don`t need 95% cold resist during Baal runs........

5. jart

jart IncGamers Member

It is very nice to be able to say you have 95/95/95. :)

Having said that, I would ask yourself the following: if I ever die, how generally does it come about? I doubt the answer would be by cold damage, but I could be wrong.

I would personally put them into Holy Shield because, as the other poster stated, it will boost your defense. Good for those times when there isn't a friendly barb to cry on you. :)

If you never die and you always play with a barb then feel free to put the 10 points into cold resist - it is nice to be able to say 95/95/95. :p

6. Smack the Pony

Smack the Pony IncGamers Member

*cough* But you DO know that cold resist have to be "activated" and thus you won`t be able to activate e.g. concentration ----> I beleive that dmg is equal survival.....

7. pesto81

pesto81 IncGamers Member

what? :scratch:

8. MeBrutox

MeBrutox IncGamers Member

He was referring to the passive bonus that you get for putting 2 points into one of the three resists, raises your maximum resists by 1 point. So by puttin 10 points into resist cold, his max resists will go from 90 to 95, without having to activate the aura.

Still, I do not feel cold is worth the points and would put the points into Holy shield as previously suggested.

9. -Infinite-

-Infinite- Banned

Uh not really, why do u want 95 cold resist? does it mean that much to you that u sacrifice skill points to put into RESIST COLD? Put remaining into HS, it will benefit you much more then 5% more cold resist, which is useless in PvM. (btw, ive never been killed by a Frost Nova on Death by a Cold Enchanted Monster in hell, so i doubt you should worry about it)

10. InsaneFarmer

InsaneFarmer IncGamers Member

what the heck do you mean by cold absorb being needed to be activated?
    plz enlighten me, i am ignorant

11. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Too many pvm hammerdins simply forget about holy shield, enter hell and end up dying left and right due to crappy block. Holy shield is simply the best defensive skill in the game next to battle orders. It saves you enormous amounts of points on dex, boosts your TOTAL defense by a % (some would say overpowered in pvp this feature), AND boosts your block rate to a minimum of 2 frames. Only an idiot would not invest at least ONE point in holy shield for their pvm hammerdin. Same goes for pvp.

12. weirdbeard

weirdbeard IncGamers Member

wait, are you saying that you have that much absorb too? seems kinda silly since absorb's capped at 40...

13. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

Learn to read in context. He means 95% resists, not absorb but he has absorb in addition to the resists.

Hitting 90% resist all with GA is enough for PvM. I really don't see any scenario where you need any higher resists. Gloams are the the only things that really hurt but since you already got 95% LR, you're good. Also, it isn't necessary to wear any items specifically for absorb if it is compromising +skills which is more important then absorb.