Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hammerdin Magic Find

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by shayta, Apr 26, 2005.

1. shayta

shayta IncGamers Member

Hammerdin Magic Find

Just curious how much magic find a hammerdin can have and still be able to hang in hell no problem. What gear do you all magic finding hammerdins use and how much MF do you have?

2. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

most mf-ing hammerdins use enigma, so thats 1%/lvl
    shako with ptopaz gives 74%
    you really dont need specific gloves, so chance guards do up to 40% extra.
    amulet is up to you, so are rings. i'd go for skills on those, especially sojs are useful for the mana boost.
    Goldwrap gives 30%, wartravellers up to 50%
    If you want, you can use alibaba on switch, for up to 99% extra mf, and for example rhyme shield with 25%.
    Charms are up to you, but make sure you survive whatever you are running.
    Only by using what i mentioned, you will still be effective enough agains most bosses, as long as you keep resists up high on normal weapon switch.

You would also have easily over 250 when teleporting around, and over 350 when switching weapons. This is well enough.

Note that this is without counting in charms, though for charms you might want to use skillers and/or life/resist charms...

3. ScorpioFury

ScorpioFury IncGamers Member

When teleporting around use the combination of wizard spike and spirit (these 2 alone can net you up to 110% fcr). Not only do you teleport like a crazy loonatic from hell, but you also get loads of resist--from BOTH items. On switch, however, use 2x ist ali baba (2x ist if you can. If u cant, try a gull) and ist hoz (again, ist if u can). Ali baba for pwnage mf and HoZ for nice damage/ 50% all resist / mf (if u put ist into it).

hope this clariifies a bit more.

-Leo

4. beemander

beemander IncGamers Member

dont forget gheed's and small mf charms. :)

5. AssasinoRuso

AssasinoRuso IncGamers Member

Simple tricks.... why not give up tele?.... for a while I used a pure mf hammerdin.... on switch, isted ali baba, rhyme.... for armor, upgraded skullders with ptopaz, helm, shako, boots, travs, belt : upped goldwrap, gloves, chancies.... pnagels for rings and mara's for ammy.... hoto hoz on norm weap. with resist charms and gheeds and the rest of inventory full of 7mfsc's you can get 600+ no problem... dong wanna give up nigma? still can get 600+ :) Although a bit more pricy.

with some skillers in inventory you can still do 8k damage with hammers on a decent build which is enough to mf :) you can still kill just about everything without dying.

Oh forgot to add... stick an upped skullders on your merc along with a 3ptopaz helm and give him a very good weap with life leech..... you only need him for the mf so give him a defiance aura so he stayes alive and gives you more defence and let him take the last hit :)

Although not effective for too much public playing definetly effective for mf :)

6. ronj

ronj IncGamers Member

I have around 400 and easily kill anything.
    Enigma, ptopaz shako, war travs, gheeds, 7mf sc.
    Don't make a full mf hammerdin, they are MUCH slower. We all know that killing speed *> mf. Just get over 300 and you'll be happy. My basic setup goes like this:
    Enigma
    Hoto
    HoZ (Um)
    War travelers
    Arach
    Magefists
    Mara's (you most likely will need the resists)
    1 soj
    1 wisp (decent mf and lightning absorb IS nice when baaling)

Gheeds, anni, 7mfsc until half my inventory is full. It's fun to have enough space to pick up a few things without always going to town.

Good luck!