Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

hammerdin help

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Stimm, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

hammerdin help

Ok first things first only reason i came back is im out of work for 3 months for surgery and not a hell of alot i can do elsewise. That taken care of i begin. Threw together a pretty darn fine orb mfer sorc and after about 2 days of Andariel / Meph runs the bnet gods have told me to make a hammerdin.

Gear ive found and or cubed in the past 3 days: HoZ / Wiz / GA - Que Hegans - Skulders / Arachnids mesh / 2-1 seraphs / 2 combat pally gcs and 3% - 5% Bul Kathos wedding bands.

OK now i have a couple holes in my gear selection .

Boots : i was thinking either Sandstorm treks or Waterwalks or evenNats if res becomes an issue.

Gloves : Chance guards / frostburns / magefists

Im looking at 70% fcr with wiz and arachnids so should i stick with that or try and find 5% more someplace via crafted amulet or mages? Will not having CBF be an issue for hell CS runs?

Part 2: Whats the order of skills i should max based on a clvl 85 build?

2. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

i think treks are the best for a pally. the fhr on it makes it worthwhile. and of course the possible +30 stats is nothing to sneeze at.

if u do decide to wear ga, i dont think cbf is a big issue. the chill time isnt that long if u have 90 cold res.

the way i did my pally, i maxed hammer and conc first, then holy shield, then vigor, and finally working my way to blessed aim. i believe life>.damage, especially if ur just doing solo runs, as ur damage almost always is enough to kill, but u can never have enough life. putting points in holy shield saves u points in dex, which equates to more life.

and just for reference, my pally already does 5.5k, with very, very nOOb gear (some of these are by choice, not by wealth)

shako
    +3 hammer, +3 conc thingie
    4 pdiamond 44 res shield
    arachnids
    mana rings
    +1 pally ammy
    frosties
    waterwalks
    and the kicker.....
    ISENHARTS ARMOR (lol)
    and 1 combat charm

only lvl 26 hammer/conc, and already does 5.5k. ur gear is waaaay better than mine, and i bet u can easily reach 7k (which is what the normal good pallies have).

3. det

det IncGamers Member

Funny thing about gloves..I have both, Frosties and Magewrath..but really if you switch to Redemption after a fight..you won't really need either one.

So maybe Chancies for the MF and gold?

Edit: On the skill order: there is a good sticky on the max damage Hammerdin build in the Paladin Forum, that answers exactly that ;)

4. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Basically, get 7 in Blessed Aim early on. Then, as you max Blessed Hammer you should have enough points to do the following:

get the 1-point wonders (Redemption, Salvation)
    1 point in Holy Shield will be enough for a while, especially with HoZ
    maximum dmg comes from keeping your Conc slvl with +skills within 1 point of the number of hard points placed into the Vigor synergy. So if say your Conc slvl is 12, you'll want 12-13 hard points in Vigor, depending on your clvl. If you've placed 7 hard points in Vigor you want your Conc slvl to be 6-7. After that you just alternate points between Blessed Aim and Conc until they're both maxed, then max Holy Shield.

As for gear, my personal preference would go with Waterwalks and Magefists.

5. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

I am making a hammerdin aswell, exept for a chippedin it's my first pala. However, i feel cocky enough to give you some advice. As i see it , the hammerdin is best equipt with a vipermagi, thats 30% FCR, togetter with the wiz, make's 80% FCR, thats all u need. And even more important, it enable's you to dump the arachnid and trade/find a warbelt, the amazing T-gods, 20 lightning absorb (among many other good mods).

So to recap, magic dmg reduced from the viper, t-gods do Lightabsorb + max Lightningres, trow in Ravenfrost and a dwarfstar(15magic dmg red!) for cold and fire absorb and you are pretty much set.

6. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

While viper is nice , this pally will be a CS mfer and with wiz and HoZ wont need the res. Im leaning toward dwarf for one ring and mages until i can craft a good amulet then ill trade those for chancies.

Hi JB i see you lurking down there

7. jbshifter

jbshifter IncGamers Member

Mike before you can decide what gear you want to put on the pally you have to decide what is this pally's purpose going to be? 1) Do fast CS runs in big games for rune drops, in which case life and killing power are important; 2) solo mfing CS in which case mf and life are most important; or what I have tried to do 3) a combination of 1 and 2 a pally who can kill solo in big games and have good mf. After you chose one of those it is fairly easy to choose gear. Also if you are as fortunate as me to have two comps choice 3 is rather easy as you can be bo'ed the whole time.

My gear:
    ptopaz shako
    ptopaz skullders
    32 res hoto
    spiderweb sash
    trang gloves
    war-t
    pdimond HoZ
    dwarf star
    rare ring with 11dex/11all res/9%mf
    +2 combat ammy with high fire and poison res (working on getting a better one)
    1 combat charm
    12/11/7 anni

Skills @ lvl 93:
    max hammer
    max conc
    max b aim
    max vigor
    ~15 hard points into holy shield
    1 redemption
    After about slvl 20 on holy shield the % increase to block only raises by 1% ever 2 points or something so I don't see a need for anything but a pvp pally to max this skill as with 10-15 points in it with + skills you are far into the diminishing returns, which if I where to make an analogy would be a barb maxing nat res, plain stupid imo.

I have 1.6k life, 4xx mana, max block, and 298%mf with 8.6k hammer; bo'ed I have 3.6k life, 7xx mana, " " with 9.8k hammer.

If you want to talk about it online I'll be more than happy to give you more imput.

8. jbshifter

[/QUOTE]
    Hi JB i see you lurking down there[/QUOTE]

Me luking? Never! :creep: :innocent:

9. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

You're forgetting about the 15% enhanced defense (that's on your total defense, not just your shield) and the increased Smite damage. Granted the Smite dmg is generally not even used, but 15% def per point is hardly "plain stupid." I mean, where else are you going to place points?

10. jbshifter

Well with conc, b aim, vigor, and hammer takeing up 80 skill points not to mention pre req's and redemption, there is no way to max holy shield as well unless you plan on attaining lvl 99 O_O That is why it is plain stupid to max holy shield on a non dueler hammderdin who wants to mf. Another point to help here is the fact that once you get to 18k or so def, (I have 19k with defiance merc + shout) you need at least 2 or 3k to lower your chance to get hit by just 1% >.< which is again hardly economical to me, might be to you though, we all have our preferances.