Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

hammerdin help...

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by hulk2004, Mar 4, 2004.

1. hulk2004

hulk2004 IncGamers Member

hammerdin help...

hi, im thinking of making a hamerdin would it be worth me using enigma brest plate instead of dusk so i can have base strn? (more life)
    hulk

2. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

Yes it would be, but the bad part is the fact that you can't wear very many things while low lvl until 65. Also breast plate probably has less pubby resale value, but people are coming around to its uses. If you don't plan on selling, I say go for it.

3. Any1

Any1 Banned

Forgive my ignorance, but isn't the reason a Dusk Shroud is used is in part because of the sizable defense rating:

Breast Plate base defense: 65-68
    Dusk Shroud base defense: 361-467

Plus 700+ defense granted by Enigma and the boost from Holy Shield, the difference is appreciable.

Besides don't you already need 89 strength to use HoZ. The strength requirement on the Dusk Shroud is only 77.

4. shidenx

shidenx IncGamers Member

A breast plate enigma is made for and used by bonemancers/nercos. A pally able to wield a hoz will have no problem with a dusk shroud enigma. Unless you're saying you have very little strength (which i say that will be a bad stat point distribution for a hammerdin as you need average str (90-100) for hoz and a decent armour) My pally is using a dusk enig with 1228 def. Strength to wear is not an issue.

5. narfman0

narfman0 IncGamers Member

Uh-huh, the title is very deceiving... What hammerdin needs help these days? But enigma breast plate, ugghh that sounds awful. Try something elite, maybe mage plate or dusk shroud? Remember you get .75 strength per level by the way. Considering you will be level 65, you will have at least enough for Dusk Shroud. I trust you with the right decision.

6. assmuffin

assmuffin IncGamers Member

Mage Plate is exceptional. Archon Plate is the elite equivalent. I have a Enigma Mage Plate on my Hammerdin and it only has 55 str requirement. With the added str I can use HOZ and all the other pieces of equipment. You only get the +Str if you equip the item, you can't use what the item gives you in order to wear it.