Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hammerdin Gear?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ghoppe, Mar 31, 2004.

1. ghoppe

ghoppe IncGamers Member

Hammerdin Gear?

tell me whats best gloves and boots for hammerdin pls!

i heard that these are good (but whats the BEST):

boots: Marrowwalk, WaterWalk, War Travelers

gloves: Change Guards, Magefist, Frostburn

..Frosburn because it has Maximum Mana 40%, but do i need these if i get 2 Sojs? if i dont need would Magefists be best because 20% faster castrate...
    And bytheway, does faster castrate effect much for hammers?

And what should i put to my shako for example (PTopaz for mf or more resist or what)? quess that ill should put PDiamond to my Zakarum for resist, right?

I just started my first hammerdin so does hammers work like this:
    you put them to air and after they are flying in air you switch Concentration Aura on for more damage to hammers??

thx! :)

2. Arctic_Fox

Arctic_Fox IncGamers Member

First and formost. Read other posts please, there is a wealth of knowledge out there, and looking almost always answers questions.

To effectively use a Hammerdin, have Hammers active in your Left Attack slot and your aura active in your Right Attack slot. Your method of attack doesn't work and will only lead to an inneffective, rather beat-up Hammerdin.

For MF: Chanceguards + war travs
    For DMG: waterwalks, magefists

The FCR table is found under the Paladin FAQ stickied at the top of the page, or here . PLEASE!! use it.

The Fast Cast Rate breakpoints are the following:

0% fcr - 15 frames
    9% fcr - 14 frames
    18% fcr - 13 frames
    30% fcr - 12 frames
    48% fcr - 11 frames
    75% fcr - 10 frames
    125% fcr - 9 frames

P.Diamond is an easy fix for a HoZ and commonly done. Adding MF to your Shako is a generally accepted idea, unless you have elite runes or such that might better serve your character.

People want SoJ's for their mana bonus and +1 skills. A Hammerdin is all about + to skills. Frostburns can help if you are short on mana, but once you can replace them with Magefists, it can help reach the next FCR BP.

3. bigp399

bigp399 IncGamers Member

Also, don't forget Trang-ouls gloves, they have the same fcr (20%) as magefists, but they also add 30% cold resistance, which is in my opinion alot more useful than 15% faster mana regen, which will be barely noticeable. Also, by later levels it's unlikely that frostburns will help you out much anyways, as your mana pool with your gear on will be high enough that you usually don't run out of mana, but your base mana pool, that is your mana without gear, will be too low for that 40% more mana to really make a difference. That's on accoutn of +% to mana items only modifies your base mana, not your mana after gear is taken into effect.

4. -Infinite-

-Infinite- Banned

yes, hammerdin should use trangs. if u need mana regen, put a point into meditation.

5. cowtestickles

cowtestickles IncGamers Member

if u already got max resists go with magi fists and up grade one lvl and they like 3 def of trangs cheep to upgrade too

6. SaVe_ExIt_PlZ

SaVe_ExIt_PlZ IncGamers Member

I agree totally