Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hammerdin Gear Help

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by GoreSpilr, Feb 5, 2004.

1. GoreSpilr

GoreSpilr IncGamers Member

Hammerdin Gear Help

Hello,
    Trying out a hammerdin. level 60, maxed BH, Vigor, Conc, few points in BA. 800 life, maxed res's.

a)I was using skin of vipermagi, but I don't really need it for the res's any more, although the +1 was nice. I was wondering, I have a 3 socket griswold armour, any idea what I should socket in there? keep in mind, Ive very very poor. I have 6 mules of gear, and have no idea if any of it is worth anything.

b)also, any estimate on how long a pit run should take with this build?

c)is it at all feasible for this build to do countess runs?

thanks,
    GS.

---------
    edit:
    on second thought, maybe griswold is too heavy for me, and I miss the FCR from vipermagi

2. saraboy

saraboy IncGamers Member

Hi,
    Im playing a hammerdin and the thing that i have found out that they do Very mutch dmg and Neeed Very mutch life.... First when i came to Hell i started to do the Den of Evil run (of course ;O) .... The thing that i soon realised is that a Hammerdin NEED GOOD res and mutch life to stay alive... so the quipment i used was

Helm : Shako (for +mana and life)

Armor : Enigma (for tele and life) if u cant get enigma i would use Duriels Shell for the +life and Res ....

Shield : Herald of Zakarum (it´s the best ,+res as well)

Wepon : Wizardspike (+res and +mana)

Gloves : Frostburn atm (+mana)

Boots : Sandstorm (+to Poison res....)

Amulett : Maras (+res and some skills..)

Rings : Soj (+to mana) and if u cant get Soj i would use Dwarf star and mandal because the +to mana and life

Charms : +skills and a Ahnillius if u can get it ,,, + to atributes and res as well ...

Thats my gear :D i hope that i helpt u a little bit ....

-------------

b, i dont do Pit runs i do baalruns ;O (whit a hammerdin everything is posseble :p)

c,i tried to do countnes runs but havent found something yet but it´s worth a couple of tries ,,,, GL ... :xears:

have fun whit ur hammerdin .... :xtongue:

3. GoreSpilr

I appreciate your reply, perhaps I forgot to mention that I am poor, and don't think I will ever see the famed enigma

4. saraboy

saraboy IncGamers Member

The i would use Duriels Shell or Guardian Angel (upgraded)... to good choises ... :p

5. mastrinidad

mastrinidad IncGamers Member

if you're ladder.....see if you can trade to get the runes to upgrade the magi....thats what I use on switching at times if i want a lil bit of faster casting..the +1 to everything helps a nice amount with Holy shield/conc and Bh..the extra defense on the magi In my opinion will make up for the differnece with the armor. I dont honestly see what id socket th armor with unless you want to go the MF route..then I suppose you can try that...or just get a skullders ire....better for you since you still get the skills and the MF (u said u didnt need resistances either so...hey..why not).

A pit run shouldnt take longer than perhaps 5-10 minutes. It depends on how fast you find the pit and level 2 of the pit...

6. GoreSpilr

skulder's ire would be perfect, have to see if I have goods to trade for it, doubt it