Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hammerdin for SOLO baals/Travincal runs?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Kilmin, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Kilmin

Kilmin Banned

Hammerdin for SOLO baals/Travincal runs?

I am building a pally for solo baal/travincal runs.. HF merc. This is my gear

Um Shako
    Chains Of Honor
    HOZ
    29 mara's
    Perfect HOTO
    soj/? ( what other ring should i use?)
    gloves? (frosties?) or FCR ring with all res?
    Arcnids belt

Anni Charm
    5 Combat charms

Merc will use upg etheral shaft
    Andariels Helm
    Wep? any ideas?

Would this be a good build gear wise for what i want to do?
    hlp me plz!

2. äger

äger IncGamers Member

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to tele? I'll raise my hand for enigma. You seem rich enough.

3. Kilmin

Kilmin Banned

No, you find most of your stuff on the way there.. so why would you want to tele?

4. äger

äger IncGamers Member

Aha, I see. But be that as it may, I still find enigma to be the better choice.
    You'll lose some res, but I think you can afford it.
    Lots of nifty bonuses, and tele can save from time to time.

+2 to all skills
    +45% Faster Run/Walk
    +1 To Teleport
    +757 Defense
    + (0.75 Per Character Level) +1-74.25 To Strength (Based On Character Level)
    Increase Maximum Life 5%
    Damage Reduced By 8%
    +14 Life After Each Kill
    15% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
    + (1 Per Character Level) +1-99% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based On Character Level)

Who can resist it?

5. jhcarle

jhcarle IncGamers Member

Ager, if he really wanted to tele and didn't want to pay the price for Enigma like most people, he could use Naj's staff on a switch. It has 69 charges of level 11 teleport and it is a cheap trade item. Most people don't recognize the value of it's teleport so you can get it usually for just a couple pgems in the trade rooms. 69 teleport charges is more than enough for a couple runs before repair.

6. ZeonZaku

ZeonZaku IncGamers Member

Of course Enigma Teles are *FREE* since it gives +1 tele. While charges are freaking expensive which depletes the gamble/shop fund.

7. äger

äger IncGamers Member

Najs could be an alternative if he wanted to tele, but he didn't. :)
    I suggested enigma for the other bonuses as well. More mf is never wrong, amongst many things.

Maybe we should wait for additional opinions from Mr. Kilmin. It's his call.

8. jhcarle

jhcarle IncGamers Member

I understand that Enigma is +1 teleport which means you don't have to repair it. Naj doesn't cost much to repair or at least I never notice it or run out of gold because of it, but Enigma sure ain't cheap to get in the first place. That is the cheap that I'm refering to. It will cost you an arm and a leg to get your hands on one. Naj's on a switch weapon and a gold old Skullder's is lot cheaper than those runewords.

9. HakkaII

HakkaII IncGamers Member

why go shieldless?

Forget about naj's, use a simple tele amu instead!

HaKKaII

Europe hc

10. äger

äger IncGamers Member

He's rich. Go for the best available.

11. annr

annr IncGamers Member

repairing an enigma is $$ too

12. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Forget about the Teleport for just one second, Kilmin doesn't even plan on Teleporting. The only reason to use CoH on a Hammerdin over Enigma is for the resists. This can't possibly be an issue with his setup: HoZ (69% or 72%), Um Shako (15%), Mara's (29%), HotO (40%), and an Annihilus (10-20%), so I'd also have to suggest, nay insist on using Enigma. Otherwise all those tasty mods on CoH go completely to waste... there really is no comparison.

Go with TGod's over Arachnid's to make you immune to lightning (ahem, Burning Souls).

Dwarfstar would be a nice addition as a ring slot. Up to 15 MDR is surprisingly effective when coupled with high resists, +40 life is never a bad thing, and the 100% extra gold will be a rather nice bonus when killing the council.

Get a Gheed's also, and possibly switch out some Combat Charms for life/mana/resists. You seem way too worried about dmg. Solo runs with a Hammerdin are cake, and yet you seem to be aiming for 10k+ hammers... chill dude. Yet another reason to use TGod's instead of Arachnid's and Dwarf instead of another SoJ or a BK.

Your Merc is lacking in resists. Give him Tal's Mask or Rockstopper. The +2 skills on Andy's is pretty useless with a HF Merc, since the radius is already plenty big at higher lvls. For a weapon, ethereal Reaper's is the best choice. Tomb Reaver and Bonehew also work. Even an Honor ethereal elite polearm does the trick... basically anything with decent speed and nice dmg.

13. Sip

Sip Banned

repairing enigma is expensive? not really. Teleport is not a charged skill (i am assuming you think it is).

My Hammerdin uses the following:
    Um shako
    Perf diamond hoz
    Enigma light plate
    Hoto flail
    arachnids
    Bul kathos ring
    20 raven
    up'g magefists
    Silkweaves
    Rare life/str/+2 pally skills ammy
    life/mana/res and anni charms

I keep an ali babba and rhyme shield on switch, for about 250% mf on switch. So far i have found Vex rune and Hoz.

I have Base Strength and Energy...about 100 points into Dex and the rest into Vitality (around 450 now). This gives me 2002 life and 750 mana as well as 75% block, 80% faster cast rate (75% being the bp) and the very nice ability to teleport.

My hammer damage listed says "10k-10K"

My merc uses Anadarials visage, ethereal ariotics needle and spirit shroud (a total of +6 all skills). Gives me very nice defiance...about 15k defence for me when its on.

I am able to run Pit, andy, ancient tunnels, mephisto, eld, shenk, pindle, and baal very quickly and safely.

Edit: oh yeah...you definately want at least 75% faster cast. Its better to have 10k damage hammers with 75% faster cast than it is to have 14k damage hammers with less than 75% faster cast.

14. annr

annr IncGamers Member

assumption wrong, i know its not charged silly. i had read a couple compliants on the sa forums about repair costs esp for superior items. one guys doom was like 350k blah blah etc

15. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

Solution: Don't make Enigma in a superior armor. The best possible armor, in my opinion, for an Enigma is Light Plate. Good look, low strength. Dusk Shroud works too, if you want more defense.

Lucky

16. annr

annr IncGamers Member

yes they are well aware of that lolololoo

to tell you the truth i don't think that'll ever be my problem however ;)

17. Kilmin

Kilmin Banned

Ok, My pally is lvl 85 atm.. And i decided to use t-gods and isntead of soj i just found some super duper sexy cast rings with all resists and some replenish life... for teleporting ! i dont watn to teleport lol takes the fun out of getting items on teh way to where your gonig.. and with max vigor u run plenty fast nuff.. at least for me.. and just because im "wealthy" not "rich" doesnt mean i would want enigma anyways.. i also decided to use ptopaz shako instead of um since my hoto was a nice% (38) and i have perf anni charm.. and lots of life charms.. currently he has 1800 life going on 400 vita.. and like 10 +20 vita's and few combat charms with a good 11k-12k dmg.

merc lvl 85 as well, uses 2 socket tomb reaver.. but dont know what to socket it with yet :( maybe ias? amn? dont know ill leave that up to you guys? as for helm he usues an etheral andariels helm.. and a tals armor: ( only thing i had to put on him hah.. but thats my info as for now...

as far as mfing.. baal runs= np.. i did ancients by myself at lvl 75.. and also did baal solo at 76 so i could cow :eek: whhhat whhhatt!(raises roof) have found few good items on the way there.. Uniq Throwing axes? SS ! from travincal! and LO rune from some dude in the tower going to do countess.. not too bad for first few hours of mfing!

18. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

i also vote for enigma. its not like u HAVE to use teleport; its just there for convenience (to tele to monsters in throne when decrepified, and to tele out of the fanataurs). it is also useful to cross the bridge to baal; ur merc lands on top of you. i still stand by my choice of kelpie for merc. u dont need him for damage, but its good to slow down baal. i also have to agree about tgods; the extra (approximately?) 500 damage u get from arachnids isnt worth it, especially for soloing. i think pretty much everything dies in 2 hits pvm (except act bosses and champs, champs probably in 5 hits) and u cant get very far w/o tgods in the throne room.

19. Kilmin

Kilmin Banned

THANKS XEY! I always listen to your advice :p... how much more will i have to pay for enigma for my Chains Of Honor?

Wouldnt thik it be that much? like CoH + SS?

20. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

How could you even consider using CoH on a Hammerdin? Use a +2 Valor for christ's sake, or even Skullder's... they're both a helluva lot cheaper and infinitely more beneficial to this build.