Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hammerdin FCR Help

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Plasmacore, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Plasmacore

Plasmacore Diabloii.Net Member

Hammerdin FCR Help

I have a Hammerdin and am wondering how to reach the 125 BP without too much loss to MF or killing power, here is my current gear
    Isted Shako
    Maras, 2 10% FCR rings
    Enigma
    Hoto/Hoz
    War Travs
    Arachnid
    Chance or Magefist gloves

With 40% from Hoto, 20 from gloves, 20 from rings and 20 from belt i only get 100 fcr, the only thing i can think of is get a spirit monarch but then i lose +2 skills and 60 res, since i dont want to get rid of my maras unless i can find a +2 pally skills, 25 fcr and 20 all res ammy

2. DjSlayer

DjSlayer Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Hammerdin FCR Help

Hammerdins dont use spirit monarchs, they use spirit class specific shields like Sacred targe (the best), sacred rondache, and so on, they can spawn with up to 45% all res inherent, you'll actually gain some resistance with a perfect res shield (with exception of fire).

- D.J.

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

My suggestions:

FCR gear:
    40% HotO
    30% Spirit pala shield (35% not needed)
    20% Arach
    20% Magefists
    10% Ring

MF gear:
    ptopazed shako (Ist for another 1% is a waste)
    Enigma (or better ptopazed Skullder's if teleport isn't that important for your way of MFing)
    1 Nagelring
    Ali Baba and some MF shield in the weapon switch for final blows on act bosses
    Wartraveller's (45% is enough)
    Gheed's (35% is enough, but 40% ones aren't that expensive)
    MF SCs

Other gear:
    Mara's
    Plain pcombat skillers (you don't need the whole inventory full of them, however)
    Pala torch

Optional:
    Annihilus (only if resists aren't maxed or you have one anyway)

Regarding non-perfect MF gear: MF is about effectiveness, not about perfection at any costs. You make that character to get more wealthy, so using all too expensive stuff on him is counter-productive.

Resists are more important in PvM than +stats IMO, that might influence your decision about which pala torch to buy. Life bonuses are useful, of course, but only if they come at no great costs. So don't buy pala skillers with +life.

You can MF pretty well by just meeting the 75%fcr breakpoint. For teleporting at 125% with Enigma, you can use Spirit+Wizardspike in the weapon switch.

4. DjSlayer

DjSlayer Diabloii.Net Member

I would change magefists with trang ouls gloves for the nice cold res bonus. and since you lose some fire resistance id use dual res rare boots with lightning and fire resistance (3x would do) with some mf, rare boots can have up to 25% mf.

Also, as Krischan says, you dont need 125%fcr, you can do perfectly well with 75% (hoto+spirit 35%) thus ditching the arach for verdungo if you find one for more life and dr, rings could be Nagel +BK/soj. With 2 paladin combats you'll reach 10k hammerdamage which would do even in a player 8 game.

- D.J.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  5. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman Diabloii.Net Member

i go for 75% and use ali baba.

6. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle Diabloii.Net Member

Hammerdins are kinda overpowered as it is, there's no need to worry about "sacrificing killing power" as a few small substitutions won't really affect the killing power your guy has.

7. Plasmacore

Plasmacore Diabloii.Net Member

Thank you, How much would a Gheeds cost? My current torch is a 20/14 Sin torch, I am currently key hunting to run ubers some more and hope for a pally torch. I also have a 29 nagelring, would that be good to use? i am using the 2 FCR rings so i can change my magefists for chance gloves.

8. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle Diabloii.Net Member

The best rule of thumb for the amount of MF that you want on your character is enough without hurting your killing speed to the point of crippling your character. Sure, you could stack 800%MF on your dude, but if it takes you 20 minutes to clear Chaos, then it might not be a good idea.
    Just go with with what you feel is a good amount of MF on your Hammerdin, and you're still able to run bosses and areas relatively quickly. People like saying that 300-350%MF is a good range, if that's any help.