Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

hammerdin early game mana issues

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by SpawnOfAsbestos, Aug 17, 2018.

1. SpawnOfAsbestos

SpawnOfAsbestos Diabloii.Net Member

Hello all,

Iv been switching back over to D2 from D3 just to do the campaign on HC. i went through the campaign on softcore first to get a feel for the game as singer barb. now i am trying out a hammerdin, but the issue is. im almost lvl 18, and then mana cost on the ability is like, 1/3 my mana pool, and it wont work if i can only drop 3 at a time? what should i do right now. attempt to farm out some massive mana item? put stats into energy until i can reset when i got a mana item? what is my best option to push. im on A1 on the 5th quest where i need to find that hammer for the blacksmith

2. SpawnOfAsbestos

SpawnOfAsbestos Diabloii.Net Member

i lied. it desnt look to bad. i put a few points into energy and ow i could prob cast 10 and use all mana. but thats still pretty bad. i know ill eventually find a mana item

3. srrw

srrw Diabloii.Net Member

Try buying a 2 socket helm and 3 socket armor and filling them with chipped/flawed sapphires. Best option for Act I.

T72on1 and Zyr like this.
  4. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

I probably would have started as a zealot and respecced when my merc could wield Insight.

Barl and T72on1 like this.
  5. Zylo

Zylo Diabloii.Net Member

Tir runes can also be helpful. I remember doing that in my early days for certain sorc builds.

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

At low levels, you will have to use melee attacks most of the time while using BH on tough enemies and big crowds.

I also suggest to invest a good amount of skill points into BH synergies when you have let's say 5 points in BH itself, including bonuses. That will provide more damage without more mana costs.

Zyr and T72on1 like this.
  7. Barl

Barl Diabloii.Net Member

Since the introduction of respecs, I have almost always played a zealot build (or other melee build with the early skills like might, smite, zeal, whatever works. normal is pretty forgiving on how you choose to play) throughout most of normal. Once in say, act 3 or 4, respec to hammer/concentration (while saving caster-focused equipment along the way, tir runes for mana per kill, etc).

8. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

+1 to Holy Fire Zealadin until Insight or at least good +mana sources like Spirit are available.

crawlingdeadman likes this.
  9. GooberGrape

GooberGrape Diabloii.Net Member

Holy fire zeal with Leaf rune word. Fun times.

10. Zyr

Zyr Diabloii.Net Member

I won't argue too Vigorously against those who want you to spend a respec. :p But if you want to stick with Hammers, you can shop both Mana and Energy on a stick from Drognan.

serp_bw_sorc.jpg

This boosts a Paladin's Mana by 42...

drake_yw_sorc.jpg

...and this one by 50.

Note that the Victorious prefix can roll up to 5 Mana after each Kill, so that's also worth consideration.

All of these affixes can also spawn on Scepters/Grand Scepters, but they occur less frequently than on Wands/Bone Wands. Scepters are still worth checking, though, because of the possibility of Paladin staffmods. Bonuses to Blessed Hammer's synergies, Blessed Aim and Vigor, won't do anything for BH damage, but a +Concentration staffmod gives a nice boost to Hammer damage without increasing Mana cost.

2conc3bh_gscepter.jpg

Or, you might get lucky and find a scepter which eliminates mana worries without the need for a respec.

3zeal3hf2prayer2osscepter.jpg

T72on1 and jonnyphive like this.
  11. BKC

BKC Diabloii.Net Member

frostburns, mana after kill, anything with a big energy boost (i rather have an energy boost then max mana) yeah there are plenty of options ;)

12. helvete

helvete Diabloii.Net Member

3chip recipe on scepters can give wonderful results. Also, act 2 merc benefits a lot from conc, so much that he can take most of normal diff on his own.

Also, a respec isn't the worst price to pay. Used to be far more planning and twinking pre-1.13