Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hammerdin - Done - Now where to put points?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Malgor, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Malgor

Malgor IncGamers Member

Hammerdin - Done - Now where to put points?

Blessed Hammer, Blessed Aim, Concentration and Vigor all maxed. Now where will I put the last 22 points?

2. Azonian

Azonian IncGamers Member

If you dont have maxed block get some holy shield..kinda handy...or be like my hammerdin and decide to get a smelly green aura that monster hate :) Something about it making them vulnerable to the female species of the hero... (javazons, fire or ice sorcs, or trap assasins-lightning)

3. DemonicTutor

DemonicTutor IncGamers Member

Is it PvP or PvM?

For PvM I would prolly max Holysheild, and use a act 2 defiance merc. This can give you 20,000+ Defense, and even in hell mode monsters should have about a 10% chance to hit you.

For PvP the best thing to max last I would say is charge. This gives you a method of dealing with amazons, course you will need to have a decent charge weapon on switch or keept in your stash, but it is more or less the hammerdins only answer to a decent amazon.

4. Malgor

Malgor IncGamers Member

Thanks - it's PvM.

He's most a MF runner and I'm startging to finally get a few good things. Doing mostly Meph runs since Baal seems to take too long and hasn't dropped diddly the few times I've been able to solo him in Hell.

5. Zvolen

Zvolen IncGamers Member

I personally put a few points in Redemption, I have not regretted in yet. Helps a lot when you are low on Mana/life and either don't have or don't want to use pots. Considering these characters can't leech. Aftre that like most people said maxing Holy Shield is a great idea, the added % to block and a defense boost. Can't go wrong.

Good Luck
    -Z

6. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Dump as many points (max is possible) in holy shield to get an enormous defense and block rating. This saves you lots of points on dex which can be put in vitality for huge life (preferably over 1500 in the end) since 1.10 hell melee monsters will quickly surround your pally and you want that max block+high life to keep you alive while you cast hammers.

7. Malgor

Malgor IncGamers Member

Thanks should have a couple for redemption when done. Right now I've got (with items I wear or keep in inventory) 161 str, 131 dex, 262 vit, 17 eng, 5126 defense, 409 sta, 1214 life, 572 mana and 90 to all resists but fire (80) and 205 magic find.