Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hammerdin Charge Weapon

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Dalron, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Dalron

Dalron IncGamers Member

Hammerdin Charge Weapon

I'm currently in the process of building a hammerdin purely for doing the pits (why the heck not everyone else does!) I've never played a pally before tho so I'd appreciate some input.

Only level 40 atm but eq should look like this at level 80.

Shako (Ptopaz)
    Skulders (Ptopaz)
    WT.
    Upgraded Goldwrap.
    2 * Nagel.
    Magefists.
    HOTO Flail (boo hoo 31% :rant: )
    HoZ.
    Not sure on ammy.. still looking for a nice one with FCR.

Is using charge with a weapon on switch viable with a pure hammerdin ? (To get those pesky monsters that hide in corners etc) I know it says in the guide that you can but it didnt seem conclusive...

What weapon / shield (on charging switch) is most recommended ?

Also do people think I'm going for too much MF ? Should I sacrifice something for better resists?

Ta in advance.

2. DemonicTutor

DemonicTutor IncGamers Member

Obviously something like BoTd or Doom are awsome charge weapons, but not everyone is rich so I would suggest...

Sheaffers Hammer!

It's awsome for a liberator. With good ED mods and a Ohm or ed jewel + high level character, the thing can get in the 400 damage range!

Also for PvM it has a 20% chance to cast static, so guess when hell baal, your owned. Charge him 5-6 times before you go hammer crazy and you can chop off 50% of his life saveing mass time off your mf runs, and tons of mana from all those hammers needed to kill him.

The pathetic IAS on sheaffers is not a problem at all so forget about it.

Now look at sheaffers most awsome atribute, +Attack rateing based on clvl! What more could a liberator ask for? With mass combat charms and no + attackrateing charms or attack rateing gear, this is a huge help. Normally liberators have like 3,000 AR with charge, well slap on a sheaffers hammer and you'll see 6,000+ if not more. As sheaffers adds something like 1,000+ AR at higher levels, then factor that into your charge +ar bonus%.

As for res, only you can decide that for yourself. Attempt some runs, see if you need more res or not. Ultimately you want the setup that will allow you to do runs the fasest while maintinaing the best MF.

If your gonna use a holyfreeze merc (highly recommended), then res isn't that big of a deal since those elemental casters will be 50% slowed. Also if you do take some damage, you can always flash redemption for a free life/mana heal from those corpses.

I would probebly Um socket ur HoZ for an extra 22 res. Then you would have 33% res all in hell with anya quests which should be viable for doing pit runs. P-Diamond also works if you can't get a Um. If it's still not enough res, go for a Mara's ammy for 53-63 res all.

3. Dalron

Dalron IncGamers Member

It's a nice thought.. But shaeffers has a strength requirement of 189. Much more than anything else I will be wearing.

How about any of the following ?
    Nords (got one lying around!)
    Horizon's Tornado (Ditto)
    Lightsabre / Azurewrath ?

Also does the sanctuary aura on the Azurewrath interfere with my normal paladin auras ?

4. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

The sanctuary aura stacks normally with other auras just like battle orders stacks with eg. shout.

5. Dalron

Dalron IncGamers Member

Ok Gonna resurrect this thread from the depths of page 27 (or whereever it ended up!)

At level 79 Now and my setup looks like this :

Shako PT
    Skulders PT
    Amu +1 Pala skills 10 FCR +some small resists
    War Travellers
    Magefist
    Ravenfrost
    Glooms Trap belt (gotta Arachnid mesh waiting for the next level)
    Rare Ring 10 FCR + some resists + small life
    HoZ
    HotO
    Anni

1200 Life

On Switch Lightsabre + CrappyShield (Tm)

With Holy Shield (1pt + +12 to skills) on = 5000 defense, with defense merc 9000.

Maxed Synergies for hammer and I'm doing 8100 damage. As usual I do great every where apart from those damn archers.

Thinking of the next 10 levels would I be better of pumping Holy Shield (for insane defense, will that make the archers hit significantly less so I can get close and hammer them?) or pump charge so I can just go in an pummel them? 10 points would put either of those up to level 23.

If you think I should go with charge any suggestions for a weapon? Is just the biggest damage weapon I can lay my hands on the best idea?

With lightsabre I'm doing xxx-2500 atm.

Oh also atm I have too much FCR :) in peoples opinion is 50 FCR enough or should I stick with 75?

6. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

75 fcr is the place to be. other then that, it always feels to slow for me.

g