Hammerdin Build Question's

OUTLAW

Diabloii.Net Member
Hammerdin Build Question's

Greetings,

My First question about the Hammerdin Build. Why is it that they use the concentration aura and not the fanatisicm aura.

Lvl 20 Concentration - 345% Damage
Lvl 20 Fanatisicm - 373% Damage, Plus bonus to AR

Could someone let me know why they don't use Fanat.

Secondly, i am starting from scratch and don't have any of the higher end items that most people talk about that would be good to use. With hammers do i want to find a weapon with high damage to increase the hammer damage. What bonuses on equipment are the most important to look for if i am just using magic and rare items.

Regards,

Outlaw

NefariousNothing

Diabloii.Net Member
OUTLAW said:
Greetings,

I have a question about the Hammerdin Build. Why is it that they use the concentration aura and not the fanatisicm aura.

Regards,

Outlaw
Concentration is the only aura that enhances hammer damage.

/short and simple

Knight Terror

Diabloii.Net Member
OUTLAW said:
Greetings,

My First question about the Hammerdin Build. Why is it that they use the concentration aura and not the fanatisicm aura.

Secondly, i am starting from scratch and don't have any of the higher end items that most people talk about that would be good to use. With hammers do i want to find a weapon with high damage to increase the hammer damage. What bonuses on equipment are the most important to look for if i am just using magic and rare items.

Regards,

Outlaw
Another short and simple answer: you want to find +skill and +fcr items as your hammerdin is only as good as his killing speed. Boost those skills and casting rates!

RevenantThePaladin

Diabloii.Net Member
Damage from weapon does not increase hammer damage. Hammers also are not affected by AR.
Other than rares and magic, consider using lower runewords.
Stealth (TalEth) runeword may be good for you to start. Lore (OrtSol) is a good one too. Look somewhere on diabloii.net for info on these runewords.

OUTLAW

Diabloii.Net Member
So on a weapon for a hammerdin, what would i be looking for since it doesn't affect damage, and you don't need AR. Could i just go fisting??

TopHatCat64

Diabloii.Net Member
OUTLAW said:
So on a weapon for a hammerdin, what would i be looking for since it doesn't affect damage, and you don't need AR. Could i just go fisting??
As others have said you're looking for +skills and fast cast. Something like...

Wizardspike
Bone Knife

One-Hand Damage: 23 to 49 (36 Avg)
Required Level: 61
Required Strength: 38
Required Dexterity: 75
Base Weapon Speed: [-20]
+ (2 Per Character Level) 2-198 To Mana (Based On Character Level)
50% Faster Cast Rate
Regenerate Mana 15%
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
All Resistances +75
Indestructible

No + skills but it's pretty cheap.