Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hammerdin build (first try EVER)

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by mangaissofun, Jun 4, 2008.

1. mangaissofun

mangaissofun Banned

Hammerdin build (first try EVER)

Right so i've never played a paladin over like lvl 20 only druids amazons necromancers one barbarian to lvl 86 (who was awful, i let him expire by accident but i dont care cause he was awful) and of course THE GREATEST CHARACTER EVER but im getting a bit tired of her thats why i wanna try a hammerdin) A SORC. So i hear they are over powered and kill every monster in PvM and the ones they can't kill are easily killed by a merc. Perfect. I am VERY poor (and as you can see i like to shout a lot hehe) so as long as hes not item dependant i am super duper happy.

Okay now heres the problem all i know about them is that everyone hates them because they are over powered, they use holy hammer as a main skill and 14k for one isn't a lot of dmg 0_o

SKIP TO HERE IF YOU DONT WANT TO READ THAT ITS JUST TELLS YOU I HAVE NEVER PLAYED AS A PALA (and has a few gd jokes hehe)

So this thread is about genrally about informing my about hammerdins and if possible nudging (no pushing) my towards a guide.

However there are a few questions that i have already
    1) Are hammas very item dependent?
    2)It seems impossible to hit anything that isn't a crowd of millions with a hamma (especially bosses) so how do you kill the lone fallen without spamming holy hammers at an amazing speed and wasting all your mana?(also generally how do you get enough mana because im pressuming you don't put anything on energy (do you just get a merc with the runeword that has meditation?))
    3)were should i put my attribute points because mana seems like the best bet but of course like in EVERY build of EVERYTHING, INCLUDING sorcs you NEVER put ANY points in energy because thats a waste.
    4)what is your main aura?
    5) THE MOST IMPORTANT At level 20 holy hammer only does 196-200 dmg so is there undiminishing returns for each lvl above 20 that you get for skill charms that gets you up to 15k dmg? Or is it synnergies or maybe even aura?

Thankyou in advance and W00T its my 5th post and im tired i need a cuppa of earl grey (only they dont have an earl grey smily so ill use the coffee one):coffee:

2. Huplet

Huplet Banned

Re: Hammerdin build (first try EVER)

1) Kinda...ish. I mean, you can make do with a whitstans and such, but HoZ is really nice, and a nice spirit beats everything. Otherwise, not really. You need an enigma, but after that, they're pretty cheap.
    2) Telestomp is your friend. Mana isn't a problem with spirit, otherwise insight (the runeword you mentioned) is pretty helpful.
    3) Strength for gear, dexterity for max block after holy shield, then vita. No energy.
    4) Concentration for hammering.
    5) You put hammer on left-click, concentration on the right. It multiplies your damage by ~5. Also pump the synergies, blessed aim and vigor.

I like hammerdins. I've made four now. Sure, they're strong, but I don't know why everyone hates them. In my opinion, smiters are worse than hdins.

3. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Well, I dunno your sources, but 14k definitely is a lot of dmg for a Hammerdin.

I have a fully decked out Hammerdin (lots of cash in this one), and he still does "only" around 12k damage. I don't have many skillers, of course. The only place when it matters is when you solo places like Chaos Sanctuary with >4-5 players in game.

4. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

:thumbup:
    1. pretty cheap just need wiz, viper, spirit for effective pvm but needs tele of nigma for pvp

one more post and your post count will be 1337 lol
    sry fir ot..