Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hammerdin Bot Stomper

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Pherdnut, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Hammerdin Bot Stomper

What would be the best way to go about making a bot-killer? There are way too many automated hammerdins out there and I'm getting sick of it. Should I go with the heaviest damage weapon possible and fully synergize leap attack along with a good followup? I've an eth sup 13% Collossus Sword that is basically worthless. I think a leaping build with the aim of getting 1-hit kills would make good use out of that sword and the Death RW which I can almost afford. The bot will probably be too dumb to move out of the way. Can leap be blocked?

The goal here is twofold.

1. Stomp Bots in an entertaining fashion
    2. Find a use for the first and most likely last sup/eth item I'll ever find that most people consider Charsi fodder.

Nice thing about Death is that it has a hefty DS and CB. With Highlord's I'd be virtually guaranteed a DS.

2. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

Noble thought, but too bad most chicken out the moment you hostile them. :D

Rik

3. Pherdnut

I thought they usually chickened on damage. Well maybe I'll just make it my noob-hammerdin stomper to dissuade young impressionables from making yet another freakin' H-din. You know, the ones who want to duel everybody but just stand in one place spamming hammers? Booooiinnnggg *splrt* Man, I love leap attack. I've been hoping to come with a cool build that takes advantage of both it and another combat skill but I'm not seeing it yet.

4. richo

richo IncGamers Member

most bots are modified atm and chicken on a qaurter of health , so you need a char who does mass dmg even with max resist:

sorc: light sorc who is based on pure dmg
    blizz sorc based on pure dmg
    javazone with charged strike works well to

these are 3 examples and if you take a pure dmg and not pvp build you have a good crusher for a botzor

for pvp i recomded more a char like a light sorc or a fohdin, ww-sin works well to you must take advantage of the points a hammerdin lack in bots that easy just host them in start of game w8 at wp and the kill him FAST so he cant chicken and gives ya some money to~~

5. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

What about a 100% damage focused 2-hander charger? I've heard they can reach insane damage and one-hit barbs with a double strike. :)

6. Pherdnut

By double strike do you just mean following up with Zeal or something? Crappy thing about Death is that it has no IAS whatsoever. Everything else about it seems to lean towards a 1-Hit kill weapon.

7. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

Berserk seems good to me.

8. Pherdnut

A Leapzerker would be funny. Death would be slow to follow up with though. So say 20 in Leap attack and a fully synergized berserk with the leftover scraps to help with survivability.

Could you guys direct me to a place where I can figure out how Eth, superior, ED, and skill ED all add up? Do they all just apply to the base weapon damage or is there some multiplicative action going on?

9. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

We should get together and stomp bots Pherdnut :)

The final weapon damage I believe is (Base wep dmg + (Eth bonus if applies, which is base wep dmg x .5) ) x ED% on weapon.

I believe its the final weapon damage X (skill ed + strength ed + offwep ed) = your damage.

I could be wrong, I just didn't want to just post about botstomping with ya and nothing else :D.

10. Doll Call

Doll Call IncGamers Member

correct me if i'm wrong here:

berzerk doesnt work with ds? so a death zerker wouldnt be really taking advantage of death that well.

11. Ehein

Ehein IncGamers Member

If you want to stop bots just make their next game, it seems to work for me.

12. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Berserk transforms all physical dmg to magical, including deadly.

Best would be a berserk barb with a huge twohander. You gotta be able to 1hit ko a 3k life char, I don't think any build can match the magical dmg from a berserker.

HoD

13. Pherdnut

A fully synergized Vengeance might after Conviction but a pally with a two-hander is much less survivable than a barb and I don't think DS will count towards the elemental damage. I don't get why Vengeance damage is so strict but Berserk isn't. It's much easier to wear excessive absorb than it is to cope with a massive magic attack.

14. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

Can anyone tell me the max damage on a 415% EBotD Warpike for a good berserker - 39X32020 and all the regular stuff.

15. Pherdnut

Alright so assume a conservative Death at 320% on an eth 13% superior. I'm getting 626. With a fully synergized leap attack, 182 strength, max sword mastery, and no +skills accounted for I'm showing about 8,000 damage. I'm assuming DS kicks in after that and we get about 16K damage. That's with no plus skills. I'm sure leap is perfectly lame in PvP (although I wonder how it fares from closer ranges), but against a dumb bot that just stands in front of Baal and spams hammers, that's pretty awesome. Not to mention that extra jolt from a 100% CB. I'm planning on Death, Highlord's, Guillaume's, and Gore Riders to basically get 100% DS/CB.

So I ask again. Can people block against leap? (pleaseopleaseoplease say "no" or "we don't know") Also, what's the PvP penalty to physical damage.

And yes, NC I would love to go bot-stomping with a buddy. I think I'm going to get Stone armor just for the Clay Golem. These melee guys have no idea what they're missing. Maybe if we time it right we can hit him with a charge and a Leap at the exact same time. Can you block two things at once? I'll admit, I don't mind taking advantage of the Baal runner bots since I can't even tell if they're bots or not at first anyway, but when they start doing other runs while everybody waits I start concocting plans for slaying the little buggers. Heck we could start a clan out of it.

16. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

If it's europe ladder count me in! Team Bot Stompers 4LYFE. ;)

How about a 100% synergized facet filled meteor sorc? I mean, like 40k damage from a meteor, boggle... Hmm, nevermind. It'll only deal about 1700 if they have full resists. Ponder.

Maybe a Lightning sorc with Infinty? grin

17. Pherdnut

Well I'm USWest but we could always coordinate a cross-realm effort with our own special forum like those hard core PK guys. I wouldn't mind giving the European realm a shot but stuff is EXPENSIVE over there. Must not have all those bots driving the economy down. :lol:

Oh yeah, Infinity is a good way to ruin anybody's day. Even better would be a conviction pally/single element sorc team.

18. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Ahem, only berserk can deal that amount of damage. Anything else will be resisted (phys dmg/ele dmg) or won't deal enough dmg to 1-hit KO (bonespirit)

EDIT: Or you'd need a team of pally with convic+some ele dmg char. Oh, and if they don't use chicken, you can just use your regular dueller :p

HoD

19. GargonCerlan

GargonCerlan IncGamers Member

Chances are if the bot is baaling, he is going to have decrepify over his head from baal. I can only imagine that while hostile this damage increase will still take effect as if you cast the decrep yourself. Would a necro with 125% fcr with high damage bonespirit/spear and corpse explosion help take him out quickly? I'd imagine the damage from exploding the act3,4, or 5 minions would do some massive damage when mixed with decrep, provided you could cast fast enough. Just spam like 3 bone spirits, then hammer away (no pun intended) with the CE. Personally, unless you are REALLY good at dueling, I dont think a barb can take him down fast enough to avoid the chicken flee. But I am not one that is apt in the art of dueling so what do I know?

P.S. if only barb's had a mana burn skill...

20. Pherdnut

Well, the problem with a bonemancer is that the ones that don't chicken immediately chicken the second their health goes below 25% so you pretty much have to 1-hit kill them but yeah, I suspect most just bail once a character hostiles them. If you get him during a decrepify that will have nullified any PDR he might have so it would still be around 20K of physical damage in that instance. You could just join the run, wait for him to get decrepped, TP out, hostile, TP in, Jump Attack right over his hammers and smack him with around 20K. My only concern would be the TP lag and what the other players decide to do when they see you hostile. Typically they just get confused or TP out though. Also, I still don't know if you can block Leap Attack or not. I'm kind of tempted to think not. If leap attack doesn't work though, Leap, Stun and Berserk would probably fit the bill quite nicely since the bot wouldn't be seeing the real damage until it was too late and you're still free and clear of those hammers until you've landed and stunned the paladin.