Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hammerdin Balance

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by GargonCerlan, Jun 2, 2005.

1. GargonCerlan

GargonCerlan IncGamers Member

Hammerdin Balance

In your experiences with hammers, I am curious to know what you all feel is the best, or should i say "ideal", balance between +skills, fcr, fhr, fbr, pdr, def, etc. and which will be helpful both in pvm and pvp.

So for instance, would it be better to sacrifice +skills for say 125% fcr bp, or sacrifice resists for max pdr, or sacrifice some fbr for some fhr?

I'm interested in what % you all think are best to find some sort of middle ground for all of these.

GargonCerlan cheers! :drink:

2. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

Well, you should aim for that 75FCR breakpoint, which for most is good enough. Unlike most chars, Paladin needs to stand still when casting Hammers, and that makes him very vulnerable.

Resists should be max, with max fire 80+ (helps a lot with fire enchanted exploding monsters and Hydras). Actually it's really good if your resists are over 75, since that can help when some monster with conviction shows up. Max block is really important, as is defense, if you boost Holy Shield skill.

My palas usually go for that 48% FHR breakpoint which seems to be good enough.

PS: I play PvM mostly with the Pala, so I can't give any PvP advice.

3. EvGreen

EvGreen IncGamers Member

hm

on my hammerdin i use 125fcr bp [hoto+griffon+2 fcr rings+magefists+arach]
    and i think its brilliant to cast with 9frames, in pvp its really effective, couse u got to tele in and cast usually 2 hammers or 3 so u save 3 frames, and in pvm it works well too [i love diaruns]

4. GargonCerlan

Ok. Let me rephrase my original question. First let me preface by saying that I am aware of what all of the paladin breakpoints are, what I want to know is where the best middle ground is in terms of effectiveness. I kind of need an all around explaination of how many skills, fhr, fbr, fcr, etc. to still do a good amount of damage, stay alive (in the tank sense of the word, able to run away from the keyboard for about 20 seconds and not come back to a dead pally), and to be able to tele quickly enough but not get mobbed by fetishes and due to poor fhr not be able to tele out. Does this make more sense?

5. GargonCerlan

Ok. Let me rephrase my original question. First let me preface by saying that I am aware of what all of the paladin breakpoints are, what I want to know is where the best middle ground is in terms of effectiveness. I kind of need an all around explaination of how many skills, fhr, fbr, fcr, etc. to still do a good amount of damage, stay alive (in the tank sense of the word, able to run away from the keyboard for about 20 seconds and not come back to a dead pally), and to be able to tele quickly enough but not get mobbed by fetishes and due to poor fhr not be able to tele out. Does this make more sense?