Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hammerdin baalrunning

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by SoAmazing, Oct 4, 2006.

1. SoAmazing

SoAmazing IncGamers Member

Hammerdin baalrunning

Hi guys!

I have sold most of my gear and tried to collect some runes for my hammerdin. I bought him Zaka, Topaz Shako, wizzy, goldwrap, skullders and some rare MF. I got 5k def and 75 all resist. 1300 hp or so. I though that this was enough to baalrun and really earn some money by MF'ing, but... It wasn't. Almost everytime i die trying to get to the throne and if I make it down there, some dolls or whatever rip me up... Any advice?

2. safetypro

safetypro IncGamers Member

Yes, Since hammerdin's don't usually use +to max resist gear and absorb gear, they usually rely on enigma so they can teleport into the throne room instead of walk. You wont give up any MF since Enigma has +1/lvl MF but the teleport and +life are invaluable.
    Hope this helps.

3. koeraokse

koeraokse IncGamers Member

well you can always run tristram for mf and make sure you have max block...

:shocked:
    *priit2

4. Arutha

Arutha IncGamers Member

Useing a call to arms to boost that life up couldn't hurt.

5. SoAmazing

only problem is I don't have money for that :( A cta is 2 ist right? and a low enigma is 3-4 ist :\

6. niner

niner IncGamers Member

Let merc kill dolls the CE dont affect them. dont even hammer when you see them.

Use a Thundergods vigor belt for lightning absorbing.

Rising sun amulet for fire absorbing.

Ravenfrost for cold absorb and cannot be frozen.

Its better to make more runs without dying than to have a high mf. Make sure you have a balance of mf speed and survivabilty. better gear will come when you do baal runs and get gods gears off him later. also wk lvl 2/3 have nice drops as well.

7. SoAmazing

Okay thx alot dude! :) I'll try that. Thundergods for a pala? hmm, sounds unorthodoks.

8. Idalia Snoweyes

Idalia Snoweyes IncGamers Member

A Lightsbare is not a bad choice (For cheap, on most servers) if you are getting eaten up by those bugger gloams.

If you are having trouble with the Iron Maiden casting mages in the WSK, you could always just exit the game and make a new one. I know more than a few people who do this until they find a game without them or without gloams.

As for the dolls, I hate those little stygian things as well. I tend to reset the game if I have them, I would rather gloams and abyss knights... those little dolls just move so quickly and hit super hard. A good block % will help.

9. herbboy

herbboy IncGamers Member

get a bp nigma only one soj and if you use it it gives so muhc str, i have 50 base and i have 1.6k health with no bo with i get over 3k

10. HaLoPhReAk

HaLoPhReAk IncGamers Member

....MF andy and Mephy.....? then when you got enough stuff, trade for stuff to be able to survive. (sorcs are better start mf, but lets not go into the "how to get rich" lecture) :grin:

11. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

Alot of times we forget that not everyone has an soj, etc to use for trade to attain a nigma etc. Niner's suggestion is the way to go if cannot obtain the items you want.

Dolls as mentioned can be taken care of by merc, so as soon as you see them, back up behind merc. Whether you have 1k-6k life, a doll boss can xplode for 14k+ dmg so don't waste too much time/wealth on cta just for the purpose of 2k hp.

Good luck :)

12. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Getting the hoz is prolly a mistake. If you are on Ladder, you can make a Spirit which is more effective and then spend that ist/hr for a nigma. If you managed to get about 125% FCR you probably wont need the extra +2 comb skill from HoZ.

Sure the shield blocking might suck alot but you can compensate with dex.

13. SoAmazing

;) Well, already farmed mehp for like 3 weeks. He never rly dropped anything of value, even though I had 400 MF.