Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hammerdin Baal Runner

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by AgentOrange, Feb 3, 2004.

1. AgentOrange

AgentOrange IncGamers Member

Hammerdin Baal Runner

Awhile ago I decided to create a Hammerdin specifically for solo Baal runs, and this is what I have so far.

Level 77 Epsilon_Delta
    *Don't have full stats on me, all I remember is strength is 102 for Enigma (once you have Enigma strength is covered :p) Dex is just the right number for Max Block w/Holy Shield on. All the rest are into Vitality so he is built very well.

Equipment:
    Wizspike
    Ptopaz Shako
    Enigma
    Herald of Zakuram
    +3 Combat Skills/7 Vitality Amulet
    1x Nagel, 1x Bul Kathos
    War Traveller's
    Frost Burns
    GoldWrap

It is quite possible for me to do Baal runs effectivly, and I have several times, with a few problems:

- Burning Souls killing me once I get to throne
    - Assilants or the Claw Vipers (Can't remember official name)

These creatures just destroy me if they get to me, any suggestions? Maybe EQ I could keep handing just for getting to the Throne and taking out the monsters in there before minions? Note: I don't have a mercenary, don't really feel like leveling a HF one either :p Maybe defiance for more defense and chance to dodge?

2. Torkahl

Torkahl IncGamers Member

IMO: I would suggest using Arachnid Mesh instead of Goldwrap... Goldwrap may seem like a good MF belt, but just look at how much MF is on it... not much.

*EDIT* Youll not only do MORE DAMAGE, but you will also do MORE DAMAGE faster (if you can break a BP) and you can TP faster with Enigma as well...

3. Megaman123

Megaman123 IncGamers Member

You could replace a bk ring with a wisp ring (upto 20% mf and 20% lit asorb) that will take care of the souls. Also if you up your fcr to 75% less claw vipers will be able to make it through your hammer field to charge you. Try putting on an aracnid mesh and an ammy with fcr to acomplish this. Also you chancies instead of frosties, if you need mana use redemption or mana pots.

4. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

i too have a hammerdin just from baal running solo, i can do this in full games and dont die much.

my set up
    p topazed shako
    hoto
    umed hoz
    maras
    magefist
    wisp projector 15-18
    dwarf star
    war travs 48%
    arachnids mesh
    enigma

i have a 40% gheeds and many 7%mfsc 10x at lvl 92 i have hit about 340mf, max resist max block and 10k hammers, i do well but a few combos that monster can spawn, but i also have a good hf act 2 merc to help when this get hairy. i use dwarf star for the fire absorb cuz there are a lot of things doing baal runs that use fire and it alsoo has 15mdr with adds up when going up vs souls. this set up works fine for me

5. twn_domn

twn_domn IncGamers Member

if souls become a problem, swap arach to TGod.

6. illa

illa IncGamers Member

Or lvl up to around 85 or 90 first?