Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hammerdin and Magic Immunes ?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by MasterT, Apr 8, 2004.

1. MasterT

MasterT IncGamers Member

Hammerdin and Magic Immunes ?

Hi made a Hammerdin - kinda nice 12k dmg.
    But how kill the few magic immunes that apper sometime - like baal minions ?
    Have a 2:nd weapon setup and combat skills or ?

2. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

From what i read in faqs and guides. There a few mobs in the whole game that can be MI.

So i would guess either use your 2nd skill (if u have one) in conjunction with a elemental dmg weapon perhaps? or the more conventional rely on your merc to tank and take them out.

3. KryptMaker

KryptMaker IncGamers Member

Hammer ignores undead and demon resistances. The only MI you won't be able to kill with BH are the Wailing Beasts in the temples of A3.

4. Dementor

Dementor Banned

Welcome to the most insanely overpowered build of 1.10!

Nothing is immune to you, nothing you'll ever run into anyway. It's nice huh?

So damn broken... and I can almost garuntee that we'll never see another patch, what with the entire Diablo team leaving Blizzard North.

Lame.

5. MasterT

MasterT IncGamers Member

Hi ppl - thx for info - tested on 2:nd Baals minion was NP so seems nice
    :thumbsup: Thx

6. PiscesIscariot

PiscesIscariot Banned

it's the bowazon/ orb/ts sorc of 1.10.

make one yourself and get over it.

7. Skully

Skully IncGamers Member

i mad oen myself and i have to agree the hammerein is better....
    hammerdin is overpowerd big time

8. Ziacle

Ziacle IncGamers Member

I disagree........

I dont like my hammerdin, maby its because I dont have the right equipment, but I just seem to die way too often with him.

Hes lvl 76, and wile his 6k hammers are awsome, I dont have much hope for them getting very much better. I have max BH, Vigor, BA, and 13 points into concentration. Im gettin around +10 to combat skills. I just dont see an extra 7 points in concentration making my damage that much higher.

Wile my hammers are great for taking out bosses, and high HP stuff that takes up a lot of screen space, there horrible for killing small weaker critters.

It takes forever for me to get through the pits, or the lair benith trav. Ive gotton used to aiming with em, but thoes dam thigns just refuse to hit small stuff in meelee range.

Manaburn mobs (which are plentiful in hell) are the bane of my hammeridns existince. three hits from one of em and no more hammers.

He also seems to die very very quickly. I have a ZOK and enough dex/holy shield to hit the 75% block rate, but I NEVER block that well, even aginst single targets. ITs more like I get hit 3/4 or at least 1/3 hits. And with no life leech from hammers, or anyway to quickly remove myself from meelee range, I go down quick.

All in all, It seems to take a lot longer to do things in hell with my hammerdin then it should.

Finally, one of my biggest rants about hammers is that when your in areas with lots of mobs, its very hard to move around, because evertime you click on a spot to move, its within the vicinity of a mob, and you shoot a hammer instead.

Meby its just me but, Im startin a zealot.....hope I have better luck.

9. OpiuTry_OnE

OpiuTry_OnE IncGamers Member

lol hammerdin overpowered? :p dun think so

10. MasterT

MasterT IncGamers Member

Hi I had same problems,:bonk:
    however solved now, reson =

Leveled a act 2 freeze merc to 82 (same as me) added him Shaft etc.. to make him survive...now merc takes out small things and i the main part. Hammer are at lvl 42 and make 13k dmg. Life 1630 (2226 with hoto Oak sage) all res max and still 101 stat pts remaining. Seems very nice even some slight problems with the thing about aiming, sometime feels i miss 2 much, other times like u said = cant run due 2 aim at monsters and get stuck.
    However final conclusion with right gear = NP with Hammerdin and fast killing (almost like overpowered) :clap:

11. Ziacle

Ziacle IncGamers Member

hmm ok, maby I wotn give up completely, still gonna try a zeal pally first tho.....I haddent leveled up a merc past 50 so that might have been the problem

12. The_Redemptor

The_Redemptor IncGamers Member

claw vipers...

A unique claw viper could also be immune to magic (which is not funny when you're doing a baal run).
    The 'Frenzy Lords' are neither demon nor undead and have a natural resistance to 'magic'. That is, a unique 'Frenzy Lord' with mana burn (adds extra resistance to 'magic') could also interrupt your baal runs.
    Most dangerous monsters for your hammerdin:
    1) Claw Vipers (highly resistant to magic, a lot of damage with 'charge'. 'Charge' always hits, no matter how high your defense is ( a well known bug).
    2) Undead Stygian Dolls (explode with random amounts of damage, can also kill 1.5k life in one hit)
    3) 'Frenzy Lords' - due to their very high resistance to magic.

A hammerdin is perfect for Diablo runs but NOT for Baal runs from my experience, and my hammerdin is lvl93_ladder europe. Nevertheless hammerdins are great characters for magic find.

13. MasterT

MasterT IncGamers Member

Thx for some nice info. The 2nd baal minions (Achmel the Cursed company) are immune to magic making the hard to kill with e.g berz barb - however they go down fast with Hammerdin = strange imo.

14. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

*erm*

No.

Read the description of BH. It ignores immunities that Undead or Demons have. The second wave are a bunch of undead creatures.

15. Fearoth

Fearoth IncGamers Member

U sir, are a MORON.

16. MasterT

MasterT IncGamers Member

HeHe always lazy read those things - just did = ur 100% right ofc :thanks:

17. Estrella

Estrella IncGamers Member

Hammerdins are overpowered for sure, but there is another build that overrules all immunities. Though it should be that way.