Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

hammerdin 0.0

Discussion in 'Classic' started by stevenluckymann, Oct 11, 2006.

1. stevenluckymann

stevenluckymann IncGamers Member

hammerdin 0.0

20 blessed hammer
    20 Concentration
    20 Blessed Aim
    20 Vigor
    XX Holy Shield (all depends on how much it takes to get max block)
    1 Redemption (should i put more or not get at all?)
    XX Salvation (Leftover points into this)

Str - enough to wear gear (prob. silks/gs cause they look so god damn cool :)
    Dex - enough for max block with holy shield
    Vit - everything else
    Ene - base

Weap - +2 +3 blessed hammer weapon which i thankfully have already
    Armor - silks/gs
    Shield - +2 pally shield with basically no good mods (ya ik sad)
    Helm - uh idk most likely biggins (ya ik again sad)
    Boots (30 fwr, 10 fhr, duel resist fire and light, pretty sure 18 light and 9 fire
    Gloves - Frosties/Magefists (not sure yet)
    Belt - gg 24 fhr, 60 life, triple resists (dont remember exact stats atm)
    Ammy - +1 ammy with gg stats
    Rings - idk yet (prob. p manalds but those r way at noobie lvl so not likely)

how does this build seem like to all u guys. if any1 would like to join me and my friends u r more than welcome to. i got some gs and shards and crap to help u get started and we can hell cs together and ****. thx guys.

2. dougolasjr

dougolasjr IncGamers Member

I would say dont use gs unless you have to get that much str anyway and cant find a fhr resist armor. Magefist is prolly your better choice if you want to reach a decent FCR. Try and get two 10fcr rings and a fcr ammy and with the magefist you should be able to reach the 50bp. Tarnhelm, or a 3 prubie or 3 sapphire helm would be better than biggins.

-Doug

3. DiabloAvenger

DiabloAvenger IncGamers Member

This is classic so dex doesn't affect block rate at all.

4. stevenluckymann

dex doesnt affect block rate!! holy **** no wonder my pally didnt have max block even with like 250 dex lmfao. i play lod too but when i feel the runes get too overpowering i come to classic which i have come to enjoy more actually. thx for input. i do have some fcr rings i will put to good use and prob use a health helm like u suggested :). now that i come to think of it how does tear sound as boots?

5. dougolasjr

dougolasjr IncGamers Member

Nah dont use Tears the bonus they give to vigor don't help your hammer damage.

6. Sebbie

Sebbie IncGamers Member

What do you guys think of Twich for the hammerdin? I started an account from scratch on west last week. No help no twink no rush no nothing. in 3 days I was level 70. OK I played too much! Level 50 I got my hand on shard and traded it for Twich. I think it was the correct move as I won't be touching holy shield until way later.

Twich seems so golden until you holy shield at least. Gives you blocking, hit recovery and strength. On east my high level Hammerdin uses a bi resist armor with 24 faster hit recovery and holy shield which is better but he is higher level too and I spend in holy shield last. What I experienced was a easier levelling of the character. For sure now he needs end game gear though, he does use magefist but his boots, fcr rings and fcr amu are awfull. Plain fcr ring for example!

Still twich for levelling do you believe in it?

7. stevenluckymann

so no tears ic. should i just go with the boots i originally wanted to go with or does another item come to ur guys mind.

8. CdMagicFind

CdMagicFind IncGamers Member

I don't really know that much about Classic but I don't see why you would use Twitch on a Hammy as long as he gets max block with Holy Shield. And.. the boots are probably good enough, get better later?

9. ElDrunko

ElDrunko IncGamers Member

I need some hammerdin advice. Should I trade my only SoJ that I use on my hammerdin for a fhr life 2+ resist armor? Or is the extra skill + mana more important? Right now I use goldskin which is doing me fairly well. I'm just tired of looking so orange. Also, is fhr really that important? Wouldn't it make like a 1/10th of a second difference?

10. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

Bessides that +2 vigor, which is not that important when you have level 20+ vigor, the boots also give 5 str, 5 dex and 10 res all.
    Not to mention a descent amount of defence.
    So until you find 30frw, 10fhr dual or tripple res boots, tearhaunch will get you trough a lot of CS's.

Dex in classic is only good for getting weapon requirements. So in his case, using a scepter, the 5 dex on the boots might not help a lot, but the str and res will. Since it's also poison res, the most annoying elemental damage for a paladin (no res aura against it, just cleansing).

I would personally keep the SoJ unless the armor is 24 fhr, near 60 life and 2 near 30 res's. Even then I would prolly want some str on there before I'd give one of my beloved SoJ's for it. You find oodles of these kind of armors, take a walk on the wild side. Do some Flayers in their Jungle. Or just do a couple of solo/private CS's. Private CS's are also nice, with a Lord/Lady making the kill in a Baronmade game. Round Robbin drops.(First one person get's the wole CS's drops, then the next, then the next, ect.)

I think a SoJ is far more rare then the armor you describe. Then again, you didn't describe it very accurately. :)

11. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

my hammerdin uses a goldskin and I would rather have the mana and skill from soj, then the useless fhr
    I survive with 0 fhr in cs without any problems...

but my hammerdin has like 160mf or something..

12. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

trade the soj for a decent shield, or a combo deal for a fhr, life/rez helm AND fhr, rez boots

hopefully this din isn't already built/allocated to 250 dex on classic if it is... well that's sort of like a certain sorc, relatively high up on ladder on east right now, with a reported 140 str...

there are a couple of things you can do also to help level if you get in on a nice CS-train, and/or have good friends that will CS with you, and happen to have another good Din.

invest one in salvation a bit earlier, and use twitch and a good shield. keep salvation on, and stick close enough to the other Din, to use his conc aura on your hammers....

13. KoalaBearThirtyThree

KoalaBearThirtyThree IncGamers Member

Not dissing you or anything but if you think things are overpowered in expansion, you really shouldn't play a hammedin in classic. Hammerdin is too overpowered in classic... but then again that's just my opinion...

14. ElDrunko

ElDrunko IncGamers Member

Thanks for the advice. I'm not going to get a shield yet because I don't have anything to trade for a +2 priz. Right now I'm surviving off a +2 10/30/20 28fr kite. I still have my 90% fr so I'm fine really.

15. Rawly

Rawly IncGamers Member

To be honest a hammerdin with decent bo and shout and max resists and about 30 fast cast you can basically wear anything else you want even with no + skills and still clear cs in 8 ppl game solo.

All you are doing with better gear is
    1. increasing your speed of killing slightly.
    2. making sure you can handle all situations without fear of dying (at high levels say 90+ dying loses you lots of exp compared to how quickly you can earn it)

16. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

I played shard dins for the longest time, with on the order of 80FCR, I don't recall the specific breakpoints, but dropping down to I think 50 on my current din with his sceptre was an adjustment for me at least to make. I can't imagine going lower.

yes, dying at 90+ is very painful to the exp bar, especially if it's a Full Death. :(

17. quadeddie

quadeddie IncGamers Member

I'm building my first din now (wow, how it's nice to twink out a lowbe with good gear - they can just solo through stuff).

My question is: When you see the gg lvl9x pallys with their grim helm, their brown armor and green grim shield, can someone venture a guess at the worth and stats of this gear?

Can they solo cs alone?

18. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

a hammerdin with 30resists all (say 40 fire resist) in hell can solo cs IMO, even in an 7player game (with say +2 skills - +1 from amu and +1 from shield)

you just cant rush and play defensive near the venom lord monster at bottom seal (just run away if your life drops more than 1/3)

if you have bad gear, try getting a +2 weapon from shop and stacking some resists (fire resists are the most important)

a green shield = +2 skills

19. Sebbie

Sebbie IncGamers Member

I can solo 8 players hell cs with a 3 topaz helm on and I have nothing that godly. He has about 150 defense when I do that. I don't do solo 8 anymore because it was rude to crash the game for the lower levels questing in those games. I have nothing worth soj I think. The hammerdin is godly by itself you know. You need very little strength and put all to vitality them aim for max fire and lightning resist, fast cast and hit recovery. That's the goal of your gear the way I see it. Once you understand that you know the items you need.

Now a godly shield would be a +2 30/20 prizmatic with fire/lightning resist stacked on top. Although the 30/20 is somewhat useless as you will devlop holy shield in the final levels. So perhaps the shield with dtm and hit recovry would be better. Godly armor would be like a mage plate with high defense and have 24 fhr 2 or even 3 resist (is that possible?) some life and perhaps mana too. Same thing for helm but max is 10 fhr I think. Like a 200 def grim helm with 2 resist life and hit recovry. I hold almost that helm except that the resistance are not high (high 15s) and it lack life on it. All items can also have bonus to strength and dex which will make them godlier.

But, hammerdins are eazy... maybe it's because I play difficult ganky characters all the time though. Seriously going back to the hammerdin is a walk in the park. My din is level 84 approaching 85 and he proudly uses a 3 diamonds large shield. If he ever finds something godly I will trade it for gear for my other characters that are actually in need. The hammerdin is not gear dependant unlike a melee character. Fonctionnal gear for him are eazy to get.

20. stevenluckymann

So does any1 want to get started on a hammerdin with me since these comments are getting me excited bout them!