hammer question

stevoorsteve

Diabloii.Net Member
hammer question

alright i read the hammeridian guides already but have a quick question. I maxed hammer and concentration so my question is what do i max first hammer synergies ( vigor, blessed aim ) or holy shield?

ProfessionalBerg

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: hammer question

Synergies should be maxed first. Put 1-5 points in Holy Shield early on to get decent duration and block, but not more than that. Only pump HS after you're done with maxing out your damage potential.

Palurien

Diabloii.Net Member

From those 3 I'd def go with vigour first.

Blessed aim you don't actually use - if you bind vigour then you can swap between that and concentration when you're running, the speed increase is pure <3 Holy shield is great but its not as important as its a synergy - 1 point in it then +skills will sort you, and you can put more points into it after synergies are maxed if you want.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

In case mana is a problem, I would even max one of the synergies before maxing BH itself. That adds damage without increasing mana costs. However, Insight will help a lot to minimize mana issues and runewise your merc can (and should) wear that runeword from L27 on, e.g. in a bill (ethereal if possible).

stevoorsteve

Diabloii.Net Member

Haha thanks for that correction. I maxed synergies first so I have 12k hammer damage 9.9k defense. Someone gave me a 4os cv they didn't want and I made insight =] so i'm pretty much good now.