Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hammer Problem

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by The Italian Oak, Jun 25, 2008.

1. The Italian Oak

The Italian Oak IncGamers Member

Hammer Problem

Hey guys, first time building a Hammerdin and I am following this guide (http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=502)

I am a lvl 24 and it just seems to suck so bad. Doesn't seem like it hits anything. Yet a Hurricane Druid comes in and just kills everything.

Now what do I max out first conc? or just start with blessed aim or vigor.

any feedback would be cool. Thanks guys:thumbsup:

2. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

Re: Hammer Problem

Lower levels really are a pain cause all the skills and synergy start at lvl18(except BA) but after you gain a few more levels like in 40+ with average gear you should see the power of hdin. When you've reached the point where all skills are maxed with decent gear you'll see that you out damage almost every other build, but the elemental skills that could out do you have to deal with immunities and you don't.

As for helping you hit more, get gear with faster cast rate which will allow you to cast a tighter field of hammers. Also don't stand in one place to caste, you need to move around because hammers cast from standstill always has blind spots. By moving around and casting you will cover those blind spots and hit more.

3. The Italian Oak

The Italian Oak IncGamers Member

thanks for the advice

4. Ragnarod

Ragnarod DiabloII.Net Pal

I generally prefer maxing conc before vigor or ba, specially if you're playing in parties, since everyone will benefit from the added damage (if you're playing alone it's still worth it imo, for your merc). You'll struggle at least until level 30, when you get redemption, and possibly for a few more levels depending on your gear, but as sweetalmonds said it'll get better in time.

About hitting things, it's more practice than anything else, hammers are always released from the same point so you'll want to keep enemies 'above' you (not sure if I'm explaining myself properly, you can probably find some video on youtube or something). Good luck!