Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

hammer or v/t for pvp?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by hydrahydra, Oct 17, 2006.

1. hydrahydra

hydrahydra Diabloii.Net Member

hammer or v/t for pvp?

I want to make v/t more as it looks more interesting but im afraid it is underpowered compare to hammerdin...

grr which one should i make!

2. RetroStar

RetroStar Diabloii.Net Member

If you're skilled enough, V/T is much more powerful in terms of pub/group duels. You will be able to handle most of opponents at once. While hammerdins struggle with some classes.

If you're looking for a fast/cheap/easy way to killing most classes, then go with hammerdin. Though I find V/T more effective and more amusing than hammer.

3. hydrahydra

hydrahydra Diabloii.Net Member

better to go with more smite or foh?

4. uptoolayte

uptoolayte Diabloii.Net Member

I had the same dilema a while ago and I made both.

I made a versatile Hdin/smite/charge hybrid with 75 fcr and 4.2k life. This worked well for charging zons, necros, assassins, barbs, using smite and hammers to throw people off guard. I could then switch to pure hdin with 125 fcr and tele-hammer everyone to death. Biggest threat: Sins with godly gear

I then made a V/T going more in the middle of smite and FOH with about 35 pts invested in FOH/holy shock and only 7-8 in smite. This worked well against most classes, but fell short vs druids and necros with minions. I also had a hard time vs other pally's such as auradins with good smite and chargers that can kill in one or two hits that avoid smite and brush off FOH with sorb.

Conclusion: I went back to my Hammerdin and mostly play pure Hdin, sometimes switching my HOTO for a grief to smite and charge.

Hdins just pack that punch, killing most with one or two hammers. Melee dies by hammers, casters with lower fcr die by tele-hammer. Casters with higher fcr die by desynch hammers or charge. Only problem I had was with assassins that can't be charged and MB faster than I can tele-hammer.

5. uptoolayte

Which classes do V/T's do better with than Hdin? How is it more effective?

6. jake007

jake007 Diabloii.Net Member

Trappers and windies. In my opinion hammerdins need much more experience to play effectively. V/T is just a build with alot of hotkeys that's all.

7. uptoolayte

Can you tell me a good way to beat these guys with a v/t?

Trappers will MB any melee attempt to smite and the pause from casting FOH will leave you succeptible to their traps.

Windies are also difficult with V/T. Trying to FOH is very difficult because they have a dozen minions so you can't aim very well. By the time you run up to them to smite, they've belted you with 6 nadoes.

8. jake007

Against a trapper, make sure you have a tgod and hit 85% resist after anya bug. Never make an attack when you're being namelock MB'd (charge away to unlock yourself).

Windies are not too hard. Make sure you hit 50%DR, charge around and use foh to annoy them and pick off their summons, when you manage to kill his oak, immediately namelock tele-smite him (when you namelock with teleport, 90% of the time the lock will be on the player not summon)

Another possible way to handle them would be 2x 'dream', combining with conviction it should kill all his summons in 1 pulse making him very vulnerable to namelock tele-smite.

9. RetroStar

Bowazons/Trappers/Nonsummon bone necro/etc.

I prefer T/V over V/T since grief packs a punch already

10. jake007

I've been playing around with a T/V and in my opinion, a V/T is more effective The FoH even with max synergy gets nerfed out once your opponent has his stacking going.

T/V is probably better for pub though.

11. RetroStar

Private gm 1v1 or team duels. V/T

Public gm/bm FFA. T/V

Since most won't stack you if they are facing multiple opponents.

12. TheJesus

TheJesus Banned

No matter what other ppl say pure hammer with 1 into smite/fana = the strongest build. End of discussion

13. moonlike

moonlike Banned

not vs druid tho