Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hammer barb build .

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by kalesh, Jun 24, 2005.

1. kalesh

kalesh IncGamers Member

Hammer barb build .

can anyone tell me perfect endgame hammer barb build.
    for skill:BESERK

just over a month online.so i can just manage 2vex runes.
    pls keep this in mind.

My current barb build is for LVL93:

Weapon: cranium basher and IK maul(2 shaels)
    armor:shaftop
    helm:arreat
    belt:verdungo(13/31)
    boots:gore rider
    gloves:layin of hands
    rings:2 19 dex raven frost
    amulet:highlord

still i feel a lot still needs to be done.

life is just 3100
    not very high damage with IK maul.

thx for ya time. [email protected]

2. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

IMO get an IK set. Its an excellent low budget set that gives u pretty much everything that u need. Resists, life/mana leech, good defense, +stats, +nice life to boot, + barb skills and some nice elemental damage on top of it all. +it looks BLACK :).
    When u get a little richer, there are a few things u could change. U could go the full monty and get an EBOTD thunder maul for some insane berserk damage, or u could go 1 handed with a stormlash + stormshield. (Maybe u could do that now, u definitely can get a good stormlash with your vex + some nice add on top of that.)

3. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Cheaper alternatives would be upped high ed shael Steeldriver Thundermaul :p I agree full IK offers nice overall stats but you'd lose a slight %double dmg w/o ds via gores i guess.

4. kalesh

kalesh IncGamers Member

guys i just forgot to mention that i just dumped my IK set for the new gear.

thought shaftop+verdungo would provide much needed dr with 0 def i got hit everytime.
    now ill switch back to IK as ya guys say its better.

also pls tell me whats better the angelic amulet ring or highlord frostraven for AR.

thx a lot.

5. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

IK set gives u plenty of AR so angelics arent really needed, go with highlords + raven for cbf + more damage. (also IK set provides some % DR wasnt it 25%?) so i dont understand the need for shaft. 25% DR is more than enough for pvm.

6. Taz

Taz IncGamers Member

Ik maul is not the best weapon for a zerker - it lacks dmg. U need a high dmg and high speed weapon to make the most of a zerker. Oath Thunder Maul is a good cheap alternative. With maxed Berzerk u`ll have little trouble with ar. On other gear look for ias, ds, cb as adding to your offence capability. As for defence u need anything except def: life, pdr, fhr, rezists, etc.

7. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i'm also doing research on a zerker. bad news: almost all 2h's have a terrible fpa, @12 at best. 1h's are capped at 9 fpa.

there are a couple of 2h's that can hit like 10 or 11 or something, but require like 250 additional ias.

it's a little late to make a "perfect" zerker. post up your build and maybe you can fit in a shield.

ogre mauls have very low base damage. cranium basher is very slow. if possible, it may not be too late to use a 1h, for speed if nothing else.

both a truncheon and a scourge require 95 ias to hit 9 fpa.

the main thing is that you don't need a lot of damage, as zerk's damage cannot be resisted. therefore, whatever damage you do is the equivalent of doing 4 times as much of any other element. for example, 100 magic damage is the equivalent of doing 400 physical in hell. i found this out when i tried a zeal pally with lightsaber. that 100 magic damage on the lightsaber kicks some serious butt. it did more damage vs pi's than my vengeance, which supposedly did 3X as much displayed elemental damage.

here's something you can test for me: put zerk on the left mouse key, howl on the right, see how that works (you should have 20 howl by now, right?)

8. Taz

Taz IncGamers Member

I`ve tryed a 1h/shield zerker and imo it kills all the beauty of the built - 1 hit kills. Besides, it starts to look like a paladin.
    A rougue merc with faith/fana can help a lot to speed things up.

9. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

1st.Oath doesnt work in thunder mauls.
    2nd. Actually a beast tmaul is able to hit 10 fpa. Its sexy as well and has quite high damage (6xx max).

10. Taz

Taz IncGamers Member

Make it ebotdtm than, even better but more expensive. Any 2handed weapon can reach 10fpa, only fana makes it more realistic for slow ones.

11. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

It wouldnt be possible to reach 10 fpa with ebotd tm, at least not realistically possible, i think if u were to calculate damage over time, the beast tm would come out on top. It also packs a healthy 25% cb, while botd doesnt have any, and cb is probably the most important mod in pvm.

12. Bert

Bert IncGamers Member

OMG

When i read the title i thougt: " a hammerbarb? what runeword do you need for that?"

I was thinking of a barb using blessed hammer as the main attack... :lol:

13. Taz

Taz IncGamers Member

Ebotdtm with lvl 15 fana (faith rougue merc) needs 65% xtra ias for 10fps zerk.

14. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

ebotd gpa is still the best among all 2h weapons.

15. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Ah, faith mercs, how could i overlook those :), yea then ebotd tm is THE king. Just with that + highlords u hit 10 fpa. In fact i might try building one of those, the idea of 1 hit killing anything kinda appeals to me ~~.
    Ebotd tm >>> gpa, both are capped at 10 fpa for zerk/conc, ebotd tm does over 1300 max, gpa doesnt quite hit the 1000 mark, and range doesnt really matter for zerk (u gonna be warcrying everything anyway). Btw, mind checking the bp's for war pike? The thrusting attack always seemed slower than swinging to me, even with same speed weapons.

16. kalesh

kalesh IncGamers Member

thx for ya help guys.

still using IK set with highlord and 2 frostraven.
    ebotd tm still looks kinda impossible for me.

with 2 cgc and 31 lvl beserk and 155 IAS on my IK i still
    kill everything quite easily.

only the damn amplify aura pisses me a lot.

thx everybody.